Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: how much was your dog?

Leo was from a breeder. He was the only boy in the litter and the only pup she couldn't find a home for. We payed $250 for him and it was one of the best decisions ever!

Patrick is from a pet store. The pet store kept him in a cage where he couldn't even stand up! He looked so depressed and lonely. We payed $100 for him.

Sylvie my deceased baby girl was a rescue and was free.

~Rachel
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

Priceless

Ricky, Lucy Tu & Desi Lu were bought by my daughter and she would not tell me if I asked.
    What have I spent on them.....who cares. Right now, they are at the Vets getting their annual teeth cleaning and it doesn't matter.
    What people need to remember whether they pay $1000 or nothing for their pet, make sure you can afford to take care of them. Don't get a pet, you can't afford to take to the Vet for its routine needs or heaven forbid emergencies. I hate to hear about pets being injured or have an illness and they are put to sleep because the family couldn't afford the vet bill. the initial price is not as important as making sure you have the money in the bank to cover emergencies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hm...I think I'm a little late to reply to this message, but I will anyway...LoL.

I got Scout, Tucker, and Kodak from the same breeder (just at different times). Anyway, Chinooks are a very rare breed...so the price for just one of them is pretty insane. We spent a lot more on them than I ever would have thought. Plus, we had to be put on a waiting list for a couple of years before we even got a call about Scout and his litter. I think we paid about $900 for Scout, and about $825 for the other two. I can't remember where I saw this, but I guess there are only a dozen Chinook litters per year...so they are tough to get ahold of. I know their prices sound like a lot, but many breeders charge $1000 or more. Yikes!

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Tikeya was only 5 weeks old when you got her??
    yup she was only just 5 weeks old! she was so tiny!! and like jet black!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    yup she was only just 5 weeks old! she was so tiny!! and like jet black!!!

I bet she was cute. Umm...dont you think its a little too young? Was she weaned? Pup shouldn't be taken from ther mothers under 7 weeks of age...8 would be better...

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    I bet she was cute. Umm...dont you think its a little too young? Was she weaned? Pup shouldn't be taken from ther mothers under 7 weeks of age...8 would be better...
    I didnt think of it then. I was a lil nieve. lol but it wasnt to young I guess since she is 4 years old and doing great lol. We fed her cool cooked oatmean with little milk for the first week, then slowly added soggy puppy food, then gradully moved up to kibbles. She was fine .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I didnt think of it then. I was a lil nieve. lol but it wasnt to young I guess since she is 4 years old and doing great lol. We fed her cool cooked oatmean with little milk for the first week, then slowly added soggy puppy food, then gradully moved up to kibbles. She was fine .
    Oh, Ok, just checking..

I have 4 dogs and never paid for any of them..... too many animals need homes. I understand wanting a pure bred. But to me it doesn't matter. 2 dogs were strays just showed up at my back door. took 2 in that the mother was hit by a car only have Warlock left.......and Rex we got 10 years ago when we went to get our garden plants he was "free to good home" He's the best dog ever!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

katie

Katie was $80.00 and Maggie was $25.00 and gracie was $2.45

Cally and Windsor are sister and brothers and from the same litter, but we got them at different times.
    Windsor we bought from a breeder for $275
    Cally we were given for free.

I got Darlin from a store. My mother wouldn't go any other way. :\
    But we paid like...$900 for her.

Honey we bought from a breeder for $450.....Licky was free and Mee Mee we donated $75.
    Christine; Proudly owned by Honey, Licky and Mee Mee
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Lego~Purebred beagle~ Free ($1,000 for stomach tumor removal)
    Smudge~Purebred Brittany~$135 ($100 for shots and neuter)
    Buying a dog from a breeder is not wrong!
    Jules*

In loving memory of Princess!

Remember my name, Fame!
    Im gonna live forever, Im gonna learn how to fly, High! I feel it comin together people will see me and cry! Fame! Im gonna make it to heaven, light up the sky like a flame Fame!
    Im gonna live forver, Baby remember my name!

I paid $800 for my Tufffy (Boxer) and My husband paid $200 for Brock (Great Dane).

The others I took in $0, but worth a $9000000000 or more at least to me.

No one should ever feel bad if they got their dog from a breeder or shelter. The choice is ours to make. You should only feel bad if you get over your head and can't give them the care they need.

I'm on both sides when it come to that.....I breed my Boxer to make money......to be able to help care for the rescue's I take in. A deal I made with the shelter when they gave me a female, papered, Boxer. All Money goes to the rest of my crew.

posted by Fox-Gal: A deal I made with the shelter when they gave me a female, papered, Boxer. All Money goes to the rest of my crew. >>>>>>

I thought shelters would not even let you take a dog unless
    it was spayed or neutered first. I am very surprised?

----<---<--<{(@