• Go, enjoy, but miss them

17 53.13%
  • Go and not think twice

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Poll

Vacation Poll

I almost dread vacations now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

My husband and I do a two week Medieval event vacation the beginning of August. His parents go out to the house about every other day to check on our crew. I go home for one day in the middle of the two weeks just 'cause I miss them, though...

My in-laws take such wonderful care of them but I still worry a little...

huh??

everyday is a vacation when a cat owns you!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I almost never go away because I'm busy cat-sitting for other people
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I haven't been on vacation since I had cats ..

What is a vacation?????????

If I were to pay someone to care for my cats (and mice) during a vacation away from home, I would have NO funds left to leave home!

I hope you don't mind that I voted in this poll as I don't have any cats, but I don't go either....because of the dogs.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I hate leaving them....I know they miss me and don't understand why I've left them. I hate that part of leaving.

My entire trip, I usually miss them terribly, especially when I see other animals.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Since I've had my cats, I've rarely ever gone away. The most I've been away from them lately has been a night or two. Now I'm going to the L.A. Pet Talk Barbecue and then to San Clemente from there. I'll be gone for about 10 days. I sure hope that my cats will be okay and have good care while I'm gone. I've never been away from Sunny or Cirrus for more than a day or two and have never been away from Sky yet. I sure hope that they won't be mad at me for leaving them for a while.

Where I work they make us take time off. But they also let us works tons of over time if we want, which I do. Make the money while I can. I camp and take the dogzzz with me. Thats a vacation to me!!!

I was away last month for two weeks. It was Ally's first time in a Cattery, and she was skin and bones when I got back.

Fortunately we are moving to a bigger house next month, so my sitter will come and stay when we next go on holiday!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

My husband always takes pictures of the cats with him. but I can't look at them or I have to cry.

He's also the one who has to call the people who take care of the cats as I would be too afraid of bad news.

We never had bad news though -they were always very fine

I love going on Vacation, but I always miss the kitties (And the Dog)

My husband and I still take vacations (usually long weekends) BUT my mom takes care of my furkids and I always miss them so much that I can not wait to get back home to them. My husband says that I miss the cats more than I would miss him if he were gone.

My mom also has 8 of her own cats so when she has to go to a convention of away on business (not very often) I will take care of her furkids.

About 5 years ago my mom, husband, grandmother, and I went to Disney for 9 days. We each had pet sitters come each day and check on the cats....well, my house made out just fine, everything in place, no messes, etc. My mom's house did not fair so well....her cats took down 3 sets of curtains, the telephone was off the hook, grocery coupons were from one end of the house to the other and the TV was on when they got home.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Go and not think twice !

Pets are wonderful, they're great companions and they make our life happier.

But there's so much to see in that world... Honestly, I can't imagine staying home and refusing a trip because I have a cat

I went to France last year and it has been the most beautiful experience of my life ! I love to travel ! And I will travel a lot!

Of course, I'll pay someone who'll take care of my kitty daily.

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)