Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some not so good news....

Any updates on Bassett? Praying that she gets well soon!

Have you gotten any news from your Vet yet?

We are all pulling for both you & Bassett.

Stay strong.
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Waiting to hear some good news as well.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Keeping you and Bassett in my thoughts and prayers...and anxiously awaiting an update. We're keeping all paws crossed. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sigh..

I wish I had some real news, but I don't Bassett's blood work up came back normal. The vet sent off the fluid again, but it hasn't come back from the lab. My vet called the radiologist and she said "well the picture and diagnosis I did thie first time should be enough. I don't see any point in doing it again." I know my vet well enough to know that she does NOT agree with that. I really think that she will want Bassett to have a catscan, and possibly another ultrasound. She also said that she will be calling the surgeon in Victoria today to ask him what he thinks is the best route to take. I'm just so numb from all this. I can't have Bassett tapped every three days. It isn't good for her, and it's not safe, and it's totally unfair. None of this is fair. I know I shouldn't but I can't help but wonder what I did to deserve this. I and REALLY wonder why Bassett deserves this. I just wanna SCREAM "make ME sick.. I'll suffer through it because at least I can say what's wrong" Bassett has no voice in all this and it's killing me. She looks at me with these trusting eyes like "why, mom? why?" and what can I say to her? Nothing! because I don't even know myself!! This is tearing me apart and the only reason I'm keeping it together at all is because I know Bassett needs me and I know that no matter what happens with Bassett, Tilly and Nutmeg need me. I just don't know how much hurt my heart can hold before it explodes inside me.

Thank you all for your support. It means SO much and you are all wonderful and I love you all. I really don't think I COULD do it without knowing that I can come here and let my fingers throwup all over the keyboard and someone is there for me to rely on. Thank you all.

I'll keep you posted. As soon as I know something, you all will know too. Please keep praying.

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} for you and Bassett.
    ~Kat

Please don't lose hope. The new tests should give a fuller picture of her problems and indicate the best way to treat them.
    I have a little book called "Where Cats Meditate" and in it is quotation from the Buddha "The greatest prayer is patience."
    We are all here for you and with you.
    Last edited by Steffi N; 05-30-2003 at 12:06 AM.
    Steffi and Lovable

*wipes away my tears from your last post* ((((HUGS))))

I really don't know what to say, other then I'm sending prayers your way still. We're all here if you need us.

Oh Naomi....... I feel so heavy hearted for you right now! Wish there were some healing words to take this all away from you, but all I can do is offer you my love, prayers, and shoulder if you need it!!! E-mail or PM me any time if you need to!

((((HUGS))))
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Naomi, I'm so sorry I'm late to this post, but please know that prayers are on the way from me too. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are such a wonderful meowmie, and there is a reason why a precious creature such as Bassett was meant to be with you. It's because you're doing all you can for her, and she knows it. I know it's hard because they can't tell us their feelings and it makes us feel at a loss sometimes. Chin up, sweetie, she knows you love her very much. I sure hope she improves soon and do keep us posted. Lots of ****hugs**** and prayers for you and Bassett!
    Karen

Naomi, I know it's hard to see Bassett in this condition but please don't give up. I'm sure that the tests will be able to tell your vet what the next course of treatment should be. Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way for you and Bassett. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Naomi, I am always thinking of you and Bassett and I will continue to pray that Bassett will be well again. Please don't be so hard on yourself. I think you are doing a wonderful job. You are doing everything you can and Bassett's well being is what you have in mind. I don't know a better way you can approach this than what you are already doing. I admire you for your strength and your love for your furkids.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Naomi:
    I breaks my hear to hear this news. Please know that you and the furkids are in my daily prayers. Hang in their buddy and lean on us for support any time you need it. I'm sending you a giant hug through cyberspace. I know how difficult this must be for you and Bassett but please try and stay hopeful. Kisses to Bassett from me.

Bassett:
    I know you can't speak but your Meowmie is doing the best she can to try to make you well. I know that sometimes the procedures are uncomfortable but please know that she loves you just as much as you love her and whatever needs to be done is for your own good in helping to find the next course of treatment.

luv
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

We are praying as hard as we can.

Sending {{{Hugs}}} to you & Bassett.

I'm so sorry you & Bassett have had to go though this horrible illness. Hoping things change for the better asap.

Originally posted by Steffi N

I have a little book called "Where Cats Meditate" and in it is quotation from the Buddha "The greatest prayer is patience."
    I know it's hard, but this quote is so true. It sounds like your vet is doing everything she can to determine the best step to take next. It's hard to wait for answers, but it sounds like she's working on it, so please try and be patient.

{{{Hugs}}}to you and Bassett. Thoughts and prayers still coming your way.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl