View Poll Results: Is your cat indoor or outdoor???

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Outdoors! I wish my cat to have the best life possible.

1 5.56%
  • Indoors! I wish my cat to have a boring life but guranteed long.

13 72.22%
  • Mostly in. Let out only when I choose.

4 22.22%
  • Strictly out. Can't have in because it sprays or don't want in.

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's w/all the neutering???

yall'er dum

I never said that indoor kitties are all declawed. I've had one declawed and several others had claws but kept inside. All went crazy.
    Gryphriends 4ever....

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Seems not long ago, I suggested an AGE MINIMUM requirment to post on PT????
    There is one...and it's either 12 or 13. I don't remember which but it's in the rules & regs.

Vets, and good-bye 4ever

You all believe whatever a vet tells you. Their just out there to make money. They wouldn't declaw if they really loved animals. I know that most people think declawing is evil and that's one thing I can actually agree w/you in. I wish it were illegal.
    Gryphriends 4ever....

well...

I'm 15 so even though I'm not an old lady then I'm still old enough(oh, here you go going to bring the min. up)
    Gryphriends 4ever....

Re: *sighs*

Originally posted by Carlotta
    I was hoping to find some nic ppl to chat w/on here that really like animals. Unfortunately none of you seem to be the kind that wants to make cats have happy lives. It's not my fault that the unhumane society has to cage and kill alot of their animals. They could just set them free.
    EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?! Is my vision going bad/taking this the wrong way...but did you just imply that I do not give my cats a happy life. I being one of the "none of you's".

My cats have an extremely happy life. And I don't have to worry about them getting hit by cars, getting in horrible fights, killed by coyotes and dogs, getting infested with ticks, fleas, worms, mites, etc.

As far as setting them free...I think you need to be set free, and have to build your house out of sticks, kill your food, bathe in a river, defend yourself against items bigger than you, groom all of the insects off of you, give birth out in the woods with no help...once you have done that, you will want to bring every stray cat into your house.

If you did all your research on cats, you would know that not all animal shelters kill, and in most humane societies they aren't in the tiny cramped cages 24/7. Many shelthers have playrooms for the cats, with cat furniture, toys, other cats, etc.

If I am indeed reading your post wrong (which I doubt), sorry, please disreguard the above.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I never said that indoor kitties are all declawed. I've had one declawed and several others had claws but kept inside. All went crazy.
    Maybe you didn't give them enough mental stimulation. My indoor cats certainly aren't crazy.

And I thought you were done posting here?
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Maybe 20 would be better???
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

*gives up*

Oh, shut up. {Karen edited} cats. Tah-tah.....
    Gryphriends 4ever....

I didn't know that 22 was considered old.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Maybe 20 would be better???
    Nah, we have too many GOOD inbetweeners (those that fall inbetween 13 - 20). Now, IQ I could go with...

Children are also happier running around free, into the streets and highways, but we don't let them now, do we?

Some people feel differently than you do about this issue, and many of the folks here actually work with rescues and at shelters and see first hand the truly sad and horrible things that can happen to strays. Have you? Or are you just sitting in your own rosy world, thinking everything must be free and wild to be happy? But the reality is, being stray is not an ideal situation for any cat. They die, they die horribly, and they die often.

Re: *gives up*

Oh, shut up. You old ladies really need help(and if your a guy then your a gay one). You all say what the next one say. I'll be letting myself out ...
    Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out...

Re: ....and.....

"those strays I never see" usually happen to be peoples outdoor kitties w/out collars.
    The "strays" I usually see are dead on the side of the road.

The last stray I adopted was about 3 days away from starving to death. He had a broken mandible, seizure disorder and parasites that were slowly killing him. Gee, sounds like fun.....perhaps you'd like to give it a try?
    ~Kat

Carlotta, i HAVE to disagree with you. Spaying and neutering helps keep the cat population under control. My cats are ONLY INDOORS and have a very happy life thank you very much! And i think your the one who needs help if you havent got the sence to spay or neuter your cats or put us down for speaking our minds about the situation. And vets are wonderful people and only want the best intrest for the animal, and are not in it for the money! And if you still dont get it after all these replies, then i dont think theres much more we can do....

BTW, the "old lady" comment was very immature, maybe think about it before you say it next time eh?

Re: Re: *gives up*

Originally posted by boscibo
    Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out...
    And don't let my foot get up there too far.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb