View Poll Results: Is your cat indoor or outdoor???

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Outdoors! I wish my cat to have the best life possible.

1 5.56%
  • Indoors! I wish my cat to have a boring life but guranteed long.

13 72.22%
  • Mostly in. Let out only when I choose.

4 22.22%
  • Strictly out. Can't have in because it sprays or don't want in.

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's w/all the neutering???

Yes, welcome to Pettalk. Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them - that's the best way to get to know us. We're really nice people and if we had any friends, they would agree with us.

Funny story - regarding Sidney's (my 6 year old cat from the shelter) first visit to the vet after he was neutered. He was very skittish and scared and the vet tech looked at him and said "that's ok, we can only neuter you once"

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by catland
    He was very skittish and scared and the vet tech looked at him and said "that's ok, we can only neuter you once"
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    You know everybody, I wouldn't even respond to this post since it seems this person is what they call a "troll". Just trying to stir up controversy so don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that their post worked.

Some people really need to get a life!
    Just thought it should be repeated.

Hard to keep my mouth shut on this one but I will
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Ditto everyone!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Another funny spay/neuter story. Some of you might have already heard this one - so bear with me.

I brought in Jan to be spayed, along with her sons, Joxer and Quincy, to be neutered. Because the boys were now weaned, she had lost her maternal instinct and wanted nothing to do with them. I brought her in a little cat carrier and the two brothers in together in a bigger cat carrier.

So now they are in a room and the vet wants to give them the once over before I leave and they get their operations. Jan was very scared. She got looked over, was pronounced to be in perfect health, and set down. Now the vet opened the carrier for the two boys. Jan scurried into their carrier and maneuvered herself to the back of the carrier behind her sons. She was sacrificing her boys to save herself.

It was like she was saying to me and the vet "go ahead - take them, I can always make more"

(HUMOR - the best weapon against Trolling )

Originally posted by catland
    It was like she was saying to me and the vet "go ahead - take them, I can always make more"
    Another great story.

The only funny neutering story I have is that when I first got Tubby, his first mom thought he was a girl - called him Bitsy. Well, I never bothered to check on things so I called to make an appt to get "Bitsy" spayed. Everything went fine until the vet lifted his/her tail and said "Well, I'll have a tough time of spaying her," and my heart starts fluttering, thinking what's wrong with my kitty?!!?! and the vet continues..."because she's a he!" and he shifted Tubby's butt into my view with tail up. Well, we both got a good laugh out of it, and I learned to never take anyone's word for it on the sex of a young kitten.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Do you have pets?
    According to this person's profile she/he claims to have two cats: one not spayed, unsure of the other.

I am not even going to comment on the topic of this thread!! I just got back from the doctors office for a physical, I think I need to go back because my blood pressure just shot up.

I am so disgusted it's not even funny. Talk about getting on people's bad sides real quick!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I have made gender mistakes with two kittens. Kelsey was a fluff ball, and I though he was a she. RIP, sweet Kels.

When I first got Hanna, I thought she was a he. I don't know what is so hard about it for me, I have a book with pictures and everything!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Another great story.

Everything went fine until the vet lifted his/her tail and said "Well, I'll have a tough time of spaying her," and my heart starts fluttering, thinking what's wrong with my kitty?!!?! and the vet continues..."because she's a he!" and he shifted Tubby's butt into my view with tail up.
    lol

It's me....finally...

Ok, first off. I do care about my animals. I have 2 females. One is Carlotta-a calico(email me at [email protected] for piccys)and she is pregnant and very happy too! Then there's this other cat that I rescued from a person who didn't want her and gave her a great home here. I'm not sure if she's spayed and she may be extremely elderly. She's seems to be doing ok adn gets along w/Carlotta fine. Her name's Gypsy. I let them in and out whenever they want so they may experience freedom. Carlotta is an extreme hunter and since she is pregnant she eats the prey she craves. My kitties are extremely well fed. Kibble all the time and fish, wet catfood, and table scraps are commonly offered. I'm not ignorant and I have researched many cat sites. I know what you people think and from experience greatly disagree w/it. You can hate me. I really don't care. My cats are my friends so I don't need people.
    Gryphriends 4ever....

No comment. Carlotta I think it may be time to move on to another forum.

....and.....

"those strays I never see" usually happen to be peoples outdoor kitties w/out collars. Carlotta wears a collar to prevent this and Gypsy isn't the kind of cat that would wander or any1 would want to steal. I'm not saying there aren't strays because I have seen some but they are always happy. I think the pound is cruel because they should give away the cats or set them free. Not kill them. I've also seen 2 beautiful kittens in the local petsmart grow up in a cage. Yes, a small cage barely big enough to hold them. They've been there since they were like 6wks and now they are full grown cats. I'm not lying and they may still be there. Last time I've been was a few mo. ago. How's spending your entire life in a cage for humanity?
    Gryphriends 4ever....

...and..uummm...

how do you insert a pic of your kitty?
    Gryphriends 4ever....

Carlotta it sounds to me like you are very young - at least you post like you are young. Would you like to spend you life in a cage or be killed because no one wanted you and there was no money to feed or take care of you? Your attitude is either childish or ignorant. Think about it, if you are really sincere.

right

If every pet is going to cost money then no1's going to want them. If they would try giving them away free w/out all the nonsense they came w/then they might find homes. Cat's don't even require homes. Strays are perfectly happy and when I was a little kid I would talk to some outside of my church. I would feed them too but they always looked happy and I could feel their happiness. There may have been strays several generations ago but a true stray(not sum1's pet)is truly rare nowadays.
    I am young. I don't care. It's better than being old.
    Gryphriends 4ever....