Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Am Really Scared!

Right now, my location is in a tornado watch until 2am. As I always do, I will be staying up until we are out of the tornado watch. I've decided to rearrange my room during this time. The wind is blowing really strong right now and what worries me the majority of the time is the huge tree right next to my bedroom window that is capable of blowing over at any time, especially because it is dying. Simon, one of my cats, is outside on the back porch, which is screened in and roofed and he's loving this kind of weather. Of course if anything occurs, he'll be inside the house as quick as a blink of an eye. Anyway, yeah, a tornado watch until 2am. My prayers go out to the safety of those experiencing the same and worse and for myself, people here and the animals, of course.
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

Originally posted by marysmerrycats
    you should have a plan... if you have a shelter you go to, is there food etc there? you should have carriers for your pets, so you can transport them and even leave them in the cages where you take them if you have to, and let them out occasionally to eat etc. have extra cat food and litter boxes. a radio with batteries, a flashlight and extra batteries.
    if tornados are common in your area, do they have have tornado awareness or things on tv to tell you what to do in case of one?
    maybe you could search the internet for things to do in case of one...

ps I know your mother is a member of pettalk, but I can't remember her pt name??

I have already done all of this. There are no more torndaoes in the area as of now. I do have a plan, I used it. I had the animals in carriers, and had heavy blankets, a weather radio, and a flashlight. I have dones tons of reseraching on the internet.

It's All Creatuers Great And Small

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

well good, but what is the confusion?

prayers that it stays safe for you.

JGuitaristR-that is a good idea to rearrange your room! We had a tree fall through our roof a couple of years ago...took out half of the roof. I hope all goes well with the weather situation for you!!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Wow! Tornado, with Mom not at home, scared with a bunch of pets. A chill goes down my spine just at the thought!

Is your dad at home at least? I would be dead worried if a family member was not at home with such weather. I have never in my life experienced a storm more than thunder and lightening. It sounds SO scary.

Only thing wierd here is, its unusually cold for May! It usually gets into the 80s in May, sometimes even 90s. This May, the temperature won't go higher than the 50s/60s. Summer's just around the corner and it still feels like winter. LOL

I don't think it would much matter if I rearranged my room, but hey it's worth a try, especially if the tree does give out. The rats and hamster are currently on the other side of the house where the tree cannot reach, of course it's only temporary. Now that those little guys are safe, I'm going to put my guitars in a partially safe place in my room. Ouch!!! Half of your roof?!

Thank you for your concern about the weather.
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

The tree that fell down was around 75 years old, so it was pretty big. I think it was half the roof, maybe a little less, I can't quite remember, I was little (like 7 or 8).

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

How are you guys in the tornado areas doing today? I could not even image livig in an area that was so suceptible to tornadoes. TOO SCARY !!

thats scary that there are so many tornadoes in your area.keep safe!
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

I hope everyone keeps safe and i know its very scary with tornadoes and that but try not to worry too much. Keep me updated with how every one is plz