Thread: Graceful Cats

Graceful Cats

I thought cats were meant to be graceful and always land on their feet ?

I ask this question, as Milo has been rolling around on my lap, whilst I have been playing on my PC.

After a couple of minutes, he rolled around on his back showing me his belly, nothing new there.

Then I heard a thud, silly Milo had rolled off my lap and landed on his side on the rug.

(NB. Milo is unhurt, else I would be at the vets, not posting.)

He looked up at me, very surprised to be on the floor.

He leaped straight back into my lap and walked to my hand on the computer mouse and nipped me. I think this was to say 'You could have saved me mummy'

So I take it that not all cats are graceful !!!
    Last edited by PayItForward; 04-28-2003 at 05:23 PM.

hee hee hee Sorry Milo, but I have seen the lesser graceful side of cats myself, and it is funny.

yeah, it's always very funny when they do stuff like that
    with mine it's not that uncommon when being petted... so I look out for it- but Loki was once just walking on his cat tree and lost controll and tumbled down (thud, thud, splat) he got up and seemed confused but otherwise ok - which is good cause I couldn't help laughing.

My Mum-In-Law's RB cat Mispha used to lie on top of the Air Con and fall asleep (outside the house), she used to roll off and wake up with SUCH a surprised expression on her face - in the flowerbeds under the window - luckily there were lots of soft bushes and flowers to break her fall

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

LOL!

*My* Kitty Milo who lives in Canberra with my Mum is the most ungraceful of the lot! Especially when she was pregnant with seven kittens. The day before she gave birth, she was walking around doing an impression of a basketball on legs. She hopped up on the couch, rolled around a bit, then promptly plopped right off. Fortunately, the silly mite was not hurt!

Pixel demonstrated a considerable lack of elegance (typical in kittens) yesterday when she ran - full pelt - at the mirror and hit it with a resounding "clang"!!! Terrified, she bolted downstairs. Worried that she'd been hurt, I followed only to find her tearing around the loungue room as if nothing had happened

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Hee hee, isn't that the funniest thing.
    My Mishka is so clumsy and uncoordinated.
    He falls of things on a daily basis. Just last night I threw his favorite mousie on the bed for him to fetch - he leaped onto the bed but smacked right into the side if the mattress.
    I almost died laughing.
    He looked a bit frazzled and so of course proceeded to groom himself....
    Silly kitty!

agility depends on the cat

Over the past forty some years I have had several beloved cats as pets. Their agility differs according to their uniqueness, age, and sometimes their size.

One was Billy who weighed about 25 lbs and used to fall off of the chairs. He was a great big Maine Coon. I now have another Maine Coon who weighs 12 lbs and she is as agile as they come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

My Taz moves like a ballet dancer.

Rocky is like a bull in a china shop.

Diva has CH so is a total spaz.

Buddy has *something* wrong with his gait and looks clumsy when he moves.

Most of my cats are very agile.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Sunny sometimes runs so fast that he can't stop in time. He's been known to run into walls and also into the sliding glass door.

My RB Pepper was a large clumsy cat. Once he tried to jump from my china cabinet to a chair and he ended up falling into his food dish. He's also accidently rolled off of one of the cat trees.