Thread: dachshund wanted

dachshund wanted

i am looking for a female doxie. needs to be 2 years or under. has to be good with kids and other dogs. i live in indiana. i can travel some. or if you don't have one. i would love to know about some breeders in my area.
    thanks,lute
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Have you checked http://petfinder.org ?

yes i have. thanks. do you know of any breeders?

Not personally - though there are lotsa dachshunds on the next street! Have you gone to the AKC site? http://akc.org ... then go to the page about dachshunds, and there will be links to breed rescue, and breeder info by state.

Dear Lute, Good luck to you. I hope that you find that beautiful little Doxie that you are looking for. I wish I could help. I love that saying at the end of your message, that they are like chips, you can't have just one. I have THREE. Three beautiful, adorable, boys. They are as differant and unique as day and night. One red, one brown/black and one black and tan. Oskar, Macs and Mr. T. The are beautiful dogs. I rescued one of mine, you might want to check with a Dachshund Rescue in you area. Good luck to you!!
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Asking about breeders on a rescue message board is pretty rich, don't you think?

You can also try the dachshund rescue organization www.c2cdr.org.

Sometimes they have younger dachshunds.

QUOTE:

"Asking about breeders on a rescue message board is pretty rich, don't you think? "

Answer:

This person also posted on Dog Breeds, same post. Not real
    sure, but I think this the old Lexie (Terre Haute) now posting
    as Lute.

btw, wonder who rated this thread 5 stars?
    Last edited by lizbud; 03-19-2003 at 01:05 PM.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

yes it is me(lexie). i hope that is not bad. a small updated on emmy.--she has gone to live with my aunt. i cannot care for her anymore. she was too much dog.lol.

i have decided to get a smaller dog. i have done much research,and have decided this is the breed for me.

Maybe you don't NEED a dog period.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

hey that wasn't very nice!
    what did i do to you?
    i personally think i am doing the right thing by giving her to someone i know will care for her forever. is that a bad thing?!?!
    and then i did my research,and i would like to have a dachshund. there is nothing wrong with my having a dog. i simply had no choice at the time other then to put her down. and i tried to keep from doing that. and she didn't get put down.

and what about that person w/ the dog named Chewy? didn't they mintion putting her dog down when it wouldn't stop bitting??? did you go call her names,and tell her off? no i don't beleive you did. now i am only trying to be fair. i have done what needed to be done. and i am starting over. thats why i made another sign in name.

niow if you STILL think that i am doing something wrong tell me i would be happy to help work it out.

>lute<

Sometimes, Lute/Lexie, people get upset when they read of situations where it seems that the dogs people bring in don't work out. No one here wants to think of any dog as disposable! So if you read anger in any posts here, please understand that it is because our loving members remembered the story about Emmy and they are probably worrying that you are considering adding another dog now. There is no way we can know your whole story. We just have to go by what you tell us and the written word is not always the best way to communicate, is it? It is easily misunderstood. I just hope that if you choose to add a new dog to your home that you have all the bases covered this time. Puppies are very time consuming and destructive, as you know, I'm sure! Are your parents in agreement that you get a puppy or a rescue dog, and will they allow it to be inside?

I read that you just got a Cockatiel. Sounds like your hands will be very full if you add a dog to the mix.

I wish the very best for your new additions.

Logan

Actually if you go thru Dog General and look for Chewy's post, they did put him down and Ashley took quite a beating from people.
    I just remember that you wanted me to help transport a great dane and you wanted others to help transport other dogs, I believe.
    Maybe you should get accustomed to you Lucy bird before adding a dog.
    And yes I do hope you found a forever home for your other dog.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I am glad you found a forever home for your dog, and she will get the love she deserves.
    If you do a search, Ashley got plenty of negative feedback about Chewy, so it's not just you.
    Good luck.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

ok.i understand now.
    i just wish everyone wasn't so mean to everyone else. ya know she made the choice to put chewy down. yes it is upsetting, but i think we all should have comforted her for her loss,not for what she did. she didn't WANT to put chewy down. i just don't think it was fair that everyone told her off instead of helping her cope with her loss.

the great dane and other animals that i needed help transporting all got help. just from nobady on this board. i found local help. it is nice to know that there are people who care,and that are willing to drive far distances to help animals.

and yes, i know for a fact that Emmy went to a home where i can still see her,and know that she will be cared for.