Thread: barking--ahhhhhh!!!

barking--ahhhhhh!!!

Ok, I know dogs are supposed to bark, but Ab drives us nuts. She goes out on the porch, and barks at nothing. She barks at bunnies, she barks at the wind, she barks at the dumpster, she barks at the grass, and the trees, you get the picture.
    What is a good way to get her to stop?? Or at least do it once or twice, and then quiet down a little--I know it's only a matter of time until we get a phone call or knock on our door from a neighbor.
    I'm looking for positive reinforcement, here, no shock collars or anything.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Our friends dogs gets a squirt of vinager in her mouth when she barks out of controll. Wilson is a wild young girl, 9 mths. She must forget about the bad taste because later she will do it again. They are going to keep trying it. I'll keep you posted, we only see them on wk ends, so maybe after this week she is better??

Nina barks when her Daddy comes home from work. I sit with her and say 'no bark' and hold her mouth shut till she is calm. And just do calming, pets ect... and tell her to wait, but she still does it EVERY night. She LOVES him sooooo.

Tonee (RB) barked and growled at bugs, leaves and anything, all her life. I was never able to stop her. She was playing and having a grand time

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

have u tried spraying her with water? if one of my dogs is doing something i dont like and they wont quit, all i have to do is pick up the bottle and u can see their ears go back and the lie down and cower right away lol
    I've been BOO'd!

Also try mixing a lemon water in a spray and spray when your dog barks. I haven't tryed this myself but many say it works like the bark-stop collars that spray lemon when the dog barks.
    Dogs hate that smell
    This was written by Poodle&Labmix and the 3 dwarfies!

And my newly adopted 18 month old dwarf hamster

what kind of dog is it?

What you have to do is reanforse good behavior .By doing this your dog will understand that barking is makes you sad. What does your other dog do when the dog barks?

If your dog that "doesnt bark", does'nt bark when the other dog barks then give it a treat, and not the dog that was barking!! This is hard to explain without knowing what dog is the barker and what dog isnt.. lol ...

good luck .. maybe consult a trianer..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I understand what you mean--Abbey is the barker, she's a beagle mix, and Kito is the one who just stares at nothing!!
    That sounds like a good idea, she will not be happy when he gets a treat and she doesn't!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Maybe it'll work , I seen it happen on a dog training show..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven