Thread: Random thoughts

Hybrid View

Really, on a winter day, a constant kettle of hot water is all that's required. So far have had tea, chai, and oatmeal - and maybe soup later!
    I've Been Frosted

I heard on the news that a woman was charged with animal cruelty for leaving her dog outside in the cold. A neighbor called the city, but the dog didn't survive. Please, people, bring your pets indoors. It is just too cold out.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The stupidity gets deeper.......

Bought a pressure gauge.

Steel, brass, plastic, used to measure air pressure, no ingestion is intended or anticipated.

On the back? "Warning: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defect or reproductive harm....."

I'm joining Wonko.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I heard on the news that a woman was charged with animal cruelty for leaving her dog outside in the cold. A neighbor called the city, but the dog didn't survive. Please, people, bring your pets indoors. It is just too cold out.
    And get this. Animal cruelty is a misdemeanor. I heard on news radio that a local shelter administrator has been working to get it bumped up to a felony.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    And get this. Animal cruelty is a misdemeanor. I heard on news radio that a local shelter administrator has been working to get it bumped up to a felony.
    I believe this varies state to state.
    I've Been Frosted

I heard this quote today and found it very encouraging. I've heard it before and I think it is by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Am I the only one who thinks "why is Payless sending me an ad for flowers" when I get an email with the header "Cute spring flats"?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "why is Payless sending me an ad for flowers" when I get an email with the header "Cute spring flats"?
    I think that may be a gender-specific thought. All guys shoes are basically flats, not so with we female humans.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Might be a reminder for "someone" to remember Valentine's Day this Friday.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt