Thread: Drinking Problem?

Hybrid View

I'll try to put a big rock in there to see if that helps,
    and make sure to let you all know how it goes.

Thank you for the suggestions! (:

Avid animal lover!

Pit Bull supporter

Hopefully she is healthy. I would check for a thyroid or kidney problem with excessive drinking.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Your dog is probably diabetic. Insulin for the dog can be purchased but is very expensive. You should take the dog to the vet and have the vet check for diabetes. My best suggestion other than the insulin is to sacrifice a cat to the almighty father satan, for he is the only one who can cure the diabetes. Make sure that it is a big cat for the hunger of our lord is hard to quench.

Quote Originally Posted by DogLover666 View Post
    Your dog is probably diabetic. Insulin for the dog can be purchased but is very expensive. You should take the dog to the vet and have the vet check for diabetes. My best suggestion other than the insulin is to sacrifice a cat to the almighty father satan, for he is the only one who can cure the diabetes. Make sure that it is a big cat for the hunger of our lord is hard to quench.
    Now, now, she has been to the vet, and they would check for diabetes as a routine matter ... no animal sacrifices required.
    I've Been Frosted

It certainly could be her swallowing a lot of air as she rushes to drink the water and I completely agree with the suggestions of limiting how much she can drink at one time. That's the perfect place to start to resolve the problem.

If you try the rock in the water bowl and she still seems to be experiencing the burping, there may be a problem with the water actually reaching her stomach.

Does she physically retch to bring the water up, or does the 'burping' seem quite easy for her to do?

Has she brought up any food recently too?

As pit bulls are sadly a banned breed over here in the UK, I don't have a lot of knowledge on how prevalent oesophageal conditions are in that breed. Your vet ought to investigate this further if the problem persists. There are several ways that this can be done, ranging from a simple examination in the surgery to an X-ray of her neck and chest, but your vet will of course advise what is best. It might be worth investing in a blood test at the next vet visit, too, just to check if there's anything underlying that may be making her more thirsty than normal.

These suggestions are of course just that, suggestions, and she may be perfectly healthy internally. It's just best to check these things, and to ensure that your vet is checking all possible avenues too!

Zimbabwe 07/13