Thread: Luna's legs are getting weaker (x-ray shot of her spine; #77)

Hybrid View

I have some blind cats and it always makes me cringe when I see them trying to jump like Luna is doing. I found that if I put something (like a cat tree) in between two areas, they will actually use that to feel their way over to the new area. Can you do something like that between the end of your desk and the window area? That would allow her to go over there but she would basically be "walking" over. Maybe try putting a board between the two areas first to see if she will use it.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled View Post
    I have some blind cats and it always makes me cringe when I see them trying to jump like Luna is doing. I found that if I put something (like a cat tree) in between two areas, they will actually use that to feel their way over to the new area. Can you do something like that between the end of your desk and the window area? That would allow her to go over there but she would basically be "walking" over. Maybe try putting a board between the two areas first to see if she will use it.

I was actually thinking about something like that, but if I do, I can no longer close the curtain. That would be okay in the winter, but in the summer, we would fry in here if I don't. But I know I need to come up with a solution for this. For the time being, I hope the window becomes less attractive for Luna now that I have removed the bird feeder. She's never been too fond of the window sill until I set up the feeding station for the birds last winter.

Prayers on the way for you both!!! I know how frightening it is. My Leonardo had severe arthritis and finally got so he could not even stand to use the litter box. I had to let him go at that time. Hopefully, Luna will feel better in a while. Sometimes the weather makes arthrits worse. It sure does mine.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Prayers on the way for you both!!! I know how frightening it is. My Leonardo had severe arthritis and finally got so he could not even stand to use the litter box. I had to let him go at that time. Hopefully, Luna will feel better in a while. Sometimes the weather makes arthrits worse. It sure does mine.
    I'm really sorry that you had to make that decision for your Leonardo. And I really hope things won't go downhill for Luna so quickly. :-(

Lovely pictures of your cats Kirsten but the one of Luna jumping up and the one jumping down made me catch my breath...scary, felt as if I had to do something to help in case she fell... I hope she will start doing better, I hope you can find a way to make her landings softer and lower.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Continued prayers for dear Luna and meowmie!

"Look, Meowmie, I did it!" She's got a little smile on her face too Dear sweet Luna, please be careful

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well, I think it's time for a little update on Luna. She's still not well, has her ups and downs... even though she's no longer limping. But often enough, I see her walking around stiff-legged, sometimes her right hind leg is giving in, and I'm sure she's in pain!

I've contacted a holistic animal healer that I know and she gave some advice and recommended several holistic remedies which I have bought. They seem to bring her some relief, but she's still not back to normal. We believe it could be her nerve being affected, due to a herniated disc or something similar. I have also spoken to my vet about this, and she said it's hard to diagnose in cats, and that there wouldn't be much we could do. So I hope the remedies I got for her will ease her pain and discomfort, and if not, cortisone will be an option. I'm so very sorry for my poor Luna girl, especially as Lily is so naughty and keeps chasing her. It's so hard to see a beloved kitty aging!

We are so sorry to hear that one of our most iconic Cats is not well.
    We are sending our prayers for Luna, that she can regain her mobility and that she will be well.
    She is one of our Favorite Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Continuing prayers and loving good wishes for dear Luna, and for you too, Kirsten.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you sooo much for keeping my girl in your thoughts!

She was doing better today and had some fun playing with her "kitty light" (laser pointer). She even jumped after the red spot which I saw with mixed emotions. A part of me was happy to see her doing that, but I was also worried that she would make a wrong move. I took some pictures of her today which I may post later tonight or tomorrow. She looked much happier there.

Aww, that's good!
    I've Been Frosted

She was having another good day today and had no problems walking. :-)

And here are the pictures I took of her yesterday: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...s-of-Luna!-%29