Thread: Don't Won't Play??

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Not every dog likes toys, and my RB Sparky was a classic example. He took little interest in them and might occasionally play with one, but it just wasn't his way. He was more of a cuddler/love-bug type - a Mommy's Boy, and was much happier doing things with people rather than with objects. It sounds like your little dog is the same way, and as long as she's happy and healthy, then I wouldn't worry about it. It appears that she is getting in her share of what she considers fun, and doesn't sound at all depressed, so I would just enjoy her for the way she chooses to be.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Not every dog likes to play with or is even remotely interested in toys. My Aussie is more interested in playing with us or other dogs, but he has never played with a toy in his life. Nothing is wrong with your pet. Maybe he wants to interact with you

facebook

Oberon never cared much for toys, either. He's a people dog, and only a very small set of specific toys took his attention. All he ever really wanted to do was interact with people. He would entertain himself by stealing from people - a sock or a slipper, or pulling my hat off. But toys just never took his fancy. 13, on the other hand, loves toys and can keep himself amused endlessly playing catch with himself, throwing a toy and then running after it.