Thread: April 5th was Kimba's first gotcha day!

April 5th was Kimba's first gotcha day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kimba.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	53223I was so busy with business yesterday I forgot to post that yesterday was Kimba's first Gotcha Day. He has gone from a semi-feral kitten who was covered in car grease into the beautiful white baby he is today. I will post pictures later, when I have time to get them from my camera to my computer. Rest assured, he is very beautiful, solid white without ANY markings and huge golden eyes that just beg for pets. He's a drooler, though. When he's on your lap getting loves, he just drools and drools and drools! He's quite a character. He'll never be a big cat, I'd say he's around 5 or 6 lbs, but he has a great big heart and an even bigger personality!
    I finally got my pics to upload.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-18_18-28-43_81.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	53224
    As you can see, he loves to sleep in my big old spaghetti pot.
    Last edited by katladyd; 04-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Happy gotcha day Kima!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Happy First Gotcha Day, Kima!

katladyd? Can you re-post how you came to serve Kima?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Name:	DSCF0193-3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	53225 Here's another picture of himwhile he's awake.
    Okay, here's how Kimba came to own me. It was around Christmas of 2010 and I was walking up my apartment driveway from my car to my front door. This little white kitten with a blue collar with a bell on it was standing at the end of the driveway looking at me. He was adorable, so I called, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" and he came running to me with his little bell jingling. He rubbed up against my leg and started purring. I then went inside and he ran off. I figured he belonged to someone so I really didn't think twice about it. I was talking to my apartment manager about a week later and I asked her if she had seen the little white kitten I had seen. She said someone had moved and just left him there but she was leaving food out for him. A few days later I saw him in someone's apartment window and felt happy! He had a home again! Fast forward about 2 weeks later, I saw him outside again and his pretty white fur was covered in grease, like he had been sleeping under cars. Well, that broke my heart and I went to see my apartment manager to find out what had happened. She just told me his new owners had just thrown him back outside. I told her that it was too bad I already had two cats (our apartment building's limit), or I would take him in. She said, "I wouldn't tell anyone. What three cats?" and smiled. So, about a week later, my son caught him and brought him inside. He was a bit feral at first and my other two fought with him constantly, but I would not put him back outside! Now the fighting is reduced to growls and they sometimes will sleep on the bed with him. Progress. He is a little stinker and I love him to bits!

Happy GOTCHA DAY #1, beautiful precious KIMBA!!!!!

Name:	yong_chen_bithday_cat.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	53226
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Kimba! I'm wishing you a very happy First Gotcha Day. This is a very special day for you, a year in a loving furever home where you will always be cared for and safe. It's easy to see why your Meowmie fell totally in love with you, you are beyond adorable!

Wishing you many many more years of love and companionship with your wonderful furever family. Celebrate your day with lots of your favorite treats and non stop love!

Sending you tons of lovies to help celebrate your special day!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Awwww, Happy Gotcha Day Kimba! I remember when you got him, but I didn't remember the whole story. That was a great story!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The year has flown! Happy Gotcha Day, precious Kimba!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Happy Gotcha Day Kimba!! Such a great mommy you have to take you in and show how to live the good life. Enjoy being spoiled and be a good little brother.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm so sorry I missed the day, Kimba, but I know your Mom gave you all kinds of special treats for your very special day! Enjoy, sweetie!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Happy Gotcha Day Kimba!!! What a wonderful rescue story!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy Gotcha Day to Our of Our Favorite Cats!!!
    A Happy Gotcha Day to You from the Found Hotel Cat Nine, Our Porch Ctas and All Of Our Pet Angels.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kimba says "Thanks" to everyone's kind comments. He told me to tell all of you that he was indeed spoiled on his very first Gotcha Day! But then, he's always spoiled. Thank you all again for your kind comments about my precious little boy.

HAPPY (belated) GOTCHA DAY PRECIOUS KIMBA!!!

Love and purrs from your friends
    Sophie and her Staff Member Astrid
    astrid

HAPPY 1st GOTCHA DAY KIMBA!!! He sure is a handsome boy and I'm so glad that he now has a loving and caring forever home now.