Thread: pheromone collars?

pheromone collars?

I went ahead and purchased three NATURECALM collars for three of my cats. Two for pee issues and one for aggression issues. Nearly had a heart attack when one cat got it lodged in her mouth while it was still on her neck. I fixed that by making it snugger. I swear I notice a difference 12 hours later.

Do you all that use collars use this product or do you do something else?

TIA!

I'd not heard of those and had to do a quick search. Found them for about $11 on Amazon.

Candace (Catty1) makes something similar, using a cloth "sleeve" for a regular cat collar, and spraying it herself with Feliway; as I recall she's had great success with that.

So glad the collars are working for you! I may try one for Mandy, she is just so panicky about any of the other cats entering "her" bedroom, and she never leaves it. Could help calm her, and doesn't seem it would hurt.

Hope they continue working! Any idea how long they are supposed to last?

I thought it was something home made. I am gonna try that, too. I don't like the hard plastic of these collars. They are like those old flea collars.

30 days is the recommendation on the box with these.

Tubster Panther still sprays, sometimes on me and while this is flattering , maybe these collars would stop that bad habit.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What I did was buy a regular cat collar but very stretchy so if it got caught it would just come off. I had a breakaway collar before that, and thank GOD I was home when Oscar was grooming his chest and his lower jaw got caught in it!

I shake the Feliway bottle, put one finger under the collar, put the spray nozzle close and squeeze a blot of the Feliway into the collar. Takes 10 times longer to type this than it takes to do it.

It took Oscar a couple of days to get used to the routine, but after that it was feed, he's crunching, I spray the collar.

I like the idea of the pre-made collars, but would want a stretchy one. Or, I guess, make sure it's snug enough.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I may just give this a try

I am still struggling with my two Aby cats. The breeder said they sometimes get goofy as they get older and she too has had problems with one old cat and has to keep it away from younger ones.

I just reinstalled their darn door/window to the porch so they can go outside and chill if they need to. The porch does not have an exit to the outside, so it is safe for them (except from each other ). I took the door out of the window because it was making the house cold. So, they won. I put it back in and put more insulation of sorts, around it. They have yet to go there since the reinstall, but I am sure someone will eventually. I think I will take one cat out there and let her find her way back in.....

I will try the collars. So Amazon has them, eh? Is it Feliway that they put on the collars?

I bought a pair of these collars because Havoc freaks out if he smells another cat outside and Toby tries to attack him and everything else within reach when this happens. Toby kept getting his stuck in his mouth so I tightened it. It eventually started rubbing his fur out so I took it off because Havoc was usually the one to start trouble. Toby kept licking it and eventually chewed it off of Havoc's neck. All of this happened within a week of putting them on the cats and Havoc still had incidents. I ended up putting a mangled one back on Havoc because he seems nervous here lately, but in the beginning they didn't solve my problems. I've stopped bringing in so much firewood from outside and spray it with some off-brand Feliway type stuff just in case and found some "calming" treats at the local Kroger, but I'm not sure if they're helping. There is no rhyme or reason as to when Havoc's gonna get upset about something.