Thread: CASPER'S follow-up visit to the White Coats today

CASPER'S follow-up visit to the White Coats today

Casper went back to the Vet today for his three-week follow-up/booster shots. He has gained a half pound, so weighed in at 3 1/2 pounds today. The Vet who saw him today is my favorite of the three at the clinic that I take him to. She hadn't seen him yet, so was very happy to meet him today! I showed her some pictures of Casper and Spook cuddled up together, Spook grooming Casper, etc. She said that we are VERY LUCKY that Casper is fitting in so well with his fur-siblings this soon after being introduced to them. She also thought the name "Casper" was just perfect for this little guy!

Casper's NEXT appointment is scheduled for Thursday, November 17th. That is the day he will be neutered, and he'll also get some more booster shots that day. Then he should be pretty well set.

She asked me where we got Casper. I told her that he was born on a farm but his owners were concerned that he wouldn't survive there for long because of his white coloring---he wouldn't be able to hide very easily from predators such as coyotes, foxes, and owls....so they asked me if I wanted him. I told her there's no way I could say "no" to having this little guy come home and live with us, and that he and Spook are a PERFECT match for two cats that both came to live with us in the month of October!

I gave them a copy of his Rabies certificate for their records, and Casper got his nails trimmed today. He is SUCH a good boy!

About the only thing I get a little tired of about Casper is when he starts climbing around on my shoulders and sticks his little butt in my face in the process, over and over and over again. When he does that, I keep moving him off of me but he's a persistent little cuss and he keeps coming back for more. THAT'S when I say "Casper, make like a ghost and disappear!" but it doesn't phase him one bit!

My husband and I, as well as all of our other fur-babies, are all madly in love with this little fellow and are looking forward to many happy years together! I will post pictures later this week, or on the weekend when I have more time to get them uploaded, etc.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I'm glad to hear that he had a great vet visit and is doing so well.

Great news! Well done, Casper!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yay, Casper! I am glad your visit went well! Fingers and paws crossed that the next visit will also go equally well.

I'm copying a picture of you because you are so heart-meltingly adorable!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678