Thread: Ruby!

Ruby!

In response to the grief of losing Boomer we did exactly the wrong thing by going to the shelter and bringing home a new pet to fill the void. Fortunately for us, we found the perfect addition to our family in the form of RUBY!

It all started with a trip to the pet store in the mall I was sad and played with the cutest little Beagle in the world. I was in but wasn't about to BUY a pet store dog. Within a day or two, my husband and I were scouring local shelters and found lots of great sounding dogs at the local shelter.
    Ruby was the first and only dog that we visited with because it was fairly obvious that she was the dog for us. Our two young kids were with us and she was gentle and kind. They took her into the cat room and though she wanted to chase them at first, she backed down as soon as she got hissed at. We came back the next day to get her and the rest is history!

She is about a year old and some sort of hound/pointer/who knows what mix

There is still a lot of:

but it is slowly improving.

She was already potty trained and we have worked with her so that so far she knows the basic sit, down, shake, off, etc... She is a little bit of a terror on a leash but the gentle leader helps! No one can replace Boomer, but Ruby helps make everything feel a little bit more normal.

Her Gotcha video from the local shelter's site:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SICSApet.../2/3si_EB84KEg
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Welcome home, Ruby! You've landed yourself in a great home - a Pet Talk home!

Psst - Missy, she's a very pretty girl - those hound dog eyes will getcha every time!
    I've Been Frosted

WHAT!? You've kept this beautiful girl a secret from us for over a month!!

She is adorable! And the video was so cute too.

Welcome to a wonderful home Ruby!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    WHAT!? You've kept this beautiful girl a secret from us for over a month!!
    To be honest, I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get a lecture on getting a new pet so soon after Boomer's passing
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Nobody can tell you when the time is right for YOU. We got Zoee only 3 weeks after Bruce's Cocker Spaniel passed away. However I waited almost a full year after Taz passed to get Jax. It all depends on the person, every one is different.

Well, I'm glad we have been introduced and I look forward to more pictures and stories.

How is Sooner doing now? Still hissy at her? I've had Jax over a year and Paizly is still hissy and growly with him and they are both cats!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh she is cute! I'm glad you found another furry friend to be in your life.

We got Lily only about a month and a half after Tink passed away. Sometimes, I think, the new pet help relieves the pain you're feeling from your previous loss. I know Lily helped us after we lost Tink.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Just like her name implies, she sure looks precious like a gemstone! Congrats on finding your home Ruby!

Welcome to Pet Talk Ruby! You're a beauty!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Welcome to PT Ruby,
    She is beautiful
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

She is gorgeous! I love Walkers! Just be careful with her around your cats..hounds have one hell of a prey drive!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Congratulations! My daughter has a dog named Ruby also.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

This song came into my head when I read about Ruby's Got-cha story and saw the photos!
    "I love a girl and Ruby is her name... I've got some hugs and kisses too, I'm gonna give them to you!" MMWAH, Ruby, welcome to PT, pretty girl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats!!! Ruby sure is a beauty.

thanks for the welcome everybody!

When Ruby and Sooner get together it goes something like: Ruby chases Sooner until Sooner decides to stand his grand, Sooner hisses and pops Ruby on he nose, Ruby whimpers and runs away 10 seconds later they go back to ignoring each other. If that isn't cat/dog love, I don't know what is