Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My daughter started preschool this morning!

My daughter started preschool this morning!

Lyra started preschool this morning. She will be going 2 days per week to a Montessori preschool...and I actually cried after dropping her off! I can't believe she is 2 1/2 already!

She was excited about going to school this morning, she's holding her lunchbox.

She's turning into a big girl so soon. It makes me happy and sad.

Awww! That's too cute! Such a milestone too.... don't worry too much, I'm sure she's loving it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

She'll be in good hands.... Montessori is a wonderful alternative to regular public school. Wish I had the option of going there when I was younger.

Good luck, Lyra!! You're going to have so much fun!!!

Blog Entries
    Lyra looks like she is ready for school lunch box & all.

I left my grandson off this morning at preschool. I saw a mom & her daughter both crying. I could hardly wait to get to my car because I was tearing up too. It reminded me of when our oldest son got on the bus the first day of school to attend kindergarten over 36 years ago. He was happy about it all but it was a very tearful time for me once he was on the bus headed down the road to school.

She is such a beautiful little girl. I can't believe how big she is now. I'm sure she'll love preschool.

Montessori preschools are my personal favorite. I like the teaching style.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Lyra, I hope you had a wonderful first day of school and I hope your mum will tell us more about it. I see the words Morgan and Arabian on your lunch box-- do you like horses?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, she is so sweet-looking! And what a big adventure she is beginning today!

Best wishes to you, Lyra!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lyra is such an adorable little girl. I cannot believe she is 2 1/2 already, and starting preschool already!!! Wow. They do grow too fast, don't they? How did she like her first day?

I can imagine the tears. I'm sure I would've cried too. I don't think I'd be able to send my son to school before kindergarten. Just thinking about dropping him off and leaving tears me up.

She'll enjoy Montessori so much more than public school. And they learn so much faster.
    I did a double take when I saw Lyra in a car seat and yet she's reasdy for school...seems they're still too young to be going off but I think it's hurts the parents more than the kids.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I cried at preschool drop off, all three years, and at kindergarten, too! This year was the first with no tears. J goes to a montessori school, too, and I love it. He is in the 6-9 grouping.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Is it considered pre-school this young? I know nothing about it! I know I was looking into a Mothers Day Out program for Clara to attend a couple days a week, and I know it's just semantics, but I honestly don't think I could take her and drop her off it was called pre-school haha.

Lyra is so pretty! I hope she had a good time at the Montessori!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

She's grown up so much! I can't believe she's in preschool already. She's too cute.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Can't believe how much she's grown. She looks happy about going
    off to school though.How did it all go? Did Lyra like the experience?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for all of your nice comments! Lyra had a pretty good day yesterday, although she didn't nap. I'm not really surprised, but I hope she will adjust and start napping there eventually. She also didn't eat much of her lunch and came home famished, but she's one of those kids that will forget she's hungry when she has all kinds of interesting things to do! They have a snack out all day for kids to serve themselves, so I think once she gets used to it, she will remember to eat.

She is a very busy kid and so I think Montessori works really well for her since there are so many things for her to "work" on there. I think the kids in her class range from ages 2.5 (the youngest) to 4.

I needed something for her part time so I can go to class and do my work uninterrupted (I'm a grad student), and I looked at a lot of places- this one seemed to click with her!

I'm glad she had a good time at school. It's always nice when their
    first "school" experience goes well. I was a stay at home mom when
    my children were young. My son was introduced to preschool at 2 1/2
    yrs also. He seemed to like it a lot. Gave me time to spend with my new
    born(daughter) and do the housework. Oh ,those were the days.

I hope your Grad work goes well for you. How much longer do you need?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt