Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any teens on PT??

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    Oh no, now I feel old! We that used to be the young'uns are being replaced...

I just turned 19, and, like Bri, am at university studying to be a veterinary surgeon. I joined PT at age 14, always adamant that I was going to become a vet, and now, here I am. Time really has flown!
    Yup! That's us! Lol I joined when I was I think 13... and am in school to become an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician)! Zara, I LOVE surgery! I'm super stoked for you!!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Yup! That's us! Lol I joined when I was I think 13... and am in school to become an RVT (Registered Veterinary Technician)! Zara, I LOVE surgery! I'm super stoked for you!!!
    I'm undecided between being a small animal Vet and opening my own clinic that helps out families with financial need or being a veterinary neurosurgeon . I might do both, or do the first then go back and learn neuro stuff later.

I get to shadow in surgery at the UT Vet school soon and I'm super excited
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    I'm undecided between being a small animal Vet and opening my own clinic that helps out families with financial need or being a veterinary neurosurgeon . I might do both, or do the first then go back and learn neuro stuff later.

Nice! I like the idea of opening up your own clinic to help out those in financial need... but remember, you and your staff need to make money, too! Lol just a thought But, it really is a great idea, one that many people don't think of. I want to become specialized in an area of veterinary medicine (such as surgery, anesthesia, radiology, etc..). So I am going to get my license first, and then focus on what area I want to specialize in. Good luck to you!!

Kaitlyn (the human)

One of the "boys" my brother and I grew up with became a vet. He bought one of the local vet clinics in our home town that was up for sale in 1996 right after he was finished with all of his schooling. He owns 5 clinics now and spends a day a week at each and has staff for the other days. He loves his career choice. (And if I still lived there he'd still be my vet!)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am realy 16 and I use a false birthdate to get onto sites. Besides, even if I was not your age, why would you not talk to me? It is not the age that makes a person, it is their experiance. I have quite a bit of experiance.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I find it very admirable that so many young people here are/or wish to, pursue a career in the veterinary field. May you all find the strength, determination and ambition to follow this grueling road to the end, and enjoy the rewards of a very prosperous career. You should all be very proud of yourselves! Good luck to each and every one of you.

Ellie & The Fuzzbuttz
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

A great thing you can do- have your own practice, OR work for someone else, and donate your time to a low cost spay/nueter clinic in your area. You can also make your practice a practice that has discounted prices for rescue. So, one of your regular clients has two dogs...and fosters cats from time to time. All the care rendered to the fosters is low cost. Huge savings for the client, of course, AND fits your philosophy of helping out. The best of both worlds.

Nice! I like the idea of opening up your own clinic to help out those in financial need... but remember, you and your staff need to make money, too! Lol just a thought But, it really is a great idea, one that many people don't think of. I want to become specialized in an area of veterinary medicine (such as surgery, anesthesia, radiology, etc..). So I am going to get my license first, and then focus on what area I want to specialize in. Good luck to you!!
    Yeah, haha. Everyone that I tell my idea to is like "you know you're not going to make much money that way." And I usually explain that not everyone will get low cost vet care, lol. I mean, I'll help out those that need it or offer payment plans if need be. I've always been infuriated with the fact that none of the vets in my hometown offer payment plans, so that kind of brought up my idea. Woo, specialization. You'll have to let me know what you decide . I think surgery sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    One of the "boys" my brother and I grew up with became a vet. He bought one of the local vet clinics in our home town that was up for sale in 1996 right after he was finished with all of his schooling. He owns 5 clinics now and spends a day a week at each and has staff for the other days. He loves his career choice. (And if I still lived there he'd still be my vet!)
    Ahh, that's so cool! Maybe someday I'll have like five clinics or something .

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    A great thing you can do- have your own practice, OR work for someone else, and donate your time to a low cost spay/nueter clinic in your area. You can also make your practice a practice that has discounted prices for rescue. So, one of your regular clients has two dogs...and fosters cats from time to time. All the care rendered to the fosters is low cost. Huge savings for the client, of course, AND fits your philosophy of helping out. The best of both worlds.
    That's a good idea too, I hadn't really thought of that. I'll probably add that into my plan
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Motheroflucky View Post
    I am realy 16 and I use a false birthdate to get onto sites. Besides, even if I was not your age, why would you not talk to me? It is not the age that makes a person, it is their experiance. I have quite a bit of experiance.
    I don't really understand the point of this post, but.............

Don't portray yourself as someone that you are not, for when you do really tell the truth, then people will wonder if it's the truth or just another falsehood. Honesty is always the best policy, so start off on the right foot, and you will never have to remember what lie you told to who.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Growing up my daughter always wanted to be a vet and then she spent a year volunteering her saturdays to help out at a vets office. She changed her mind after that. It can be a thankless job, here in California the laws are not friendly toward business owners and the vet she volunteered with had gone through a lot of problems.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Your experience is showing in the fact that you can't spell experience correctly.

Some sites will ban you if they find out that you are falsifying your birthday, especially if you're under 13, because that falls under the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which specifically addresses that any person under the age of 13 cannot provide potentially personally identifying information online.

I'm 15. Most people that I talk to online know I'm 15. Certainly all of my programming buddies and Ubuntu buddies know my age. I'm 15 and I administer UNIX servers and build/administer computer networks.

It's not the age that makes the person, nor the experience, but the maturity and the professionalism in which they act. If you don't act mature and professional online, especially in a web forum such as this, then no one will respect you. I figured that out first-hand. Being mature and professional also implies using your actual details in your online profiles. Because you can't take a person seriously when they blatantly lie about who they are.

12. Im not a teenager but i am one at heart. does that count?

i agree that a persons age shouldnt matter in determining friendship. however i believe its actually a persons personality that makes a person. as someone can be experienced in this an that to the very hilt,, but if that person treats you like crap an gets on your nerves an frays your patience when ever youre around that person youre not gunna wanna be all buddy-chums with them regardless of how experienced they are. youre gunna wanna avoid them as much as possible V.S being around someone whos actually pleasant an fun to be around cuz of of their personalty even though that person has less experience or maybe even no experience in some matters just yet.
    Last edited by Vette; 02-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I find it very admirable that so many young people here are/or wish to, pursue a career in the veterinary field. May you all find the strength, determination and ambition to follow this grueling road to the end, and enjoy the rewards of a very prosperous career. You should all be very proud of yourselves! Good luck to each and every one of you.

Ellie & The Fuzzbuttz
    Wow, thank you so much Ellie!! That really means a lot. And I'm sure that Bri and Zara appreciate that as well!

Bri, I totally get what you are saying! I have seen quite a few clients that struggle to pay for their pet's medical bills upfront and all at once, so I think it is a great idea, and I KNOW that SO many people will appreciate it!

Kaitlyn (the human)

Wow, thank you so much Ellie!! That really means a lot. And I'm sure that Bri and Zara appreciate that as well!

Bri, I totally get what you are saying! I have seen quite a few clients that struggle to pay for their pet's medical bills upfront and all at once, so I think it is a great idea, and I KNOW that SO many people will appreciate it!
    Yep, I certainly do appreciate it too!

I'm really excited about it, I just hope the idea is as achievable as I imagine it is. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a lot of work though, but I have at least 7.5 more years to think about it so
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I'm a junior in high school, too! I'm not on here as much as I used to be [or as much as I'd like] but I AM on here. I usually lurk vs. post threads now, though.

I'm always up for talking
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing