Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update and pictures of "poofed' kitten

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    so, you're saying we should be allowed to kidnap an abused child instead of calling the authorities?
    No, I'm saying we shouldn't just ignore it.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Ummm...the cat's owners are not looking for him or seemingly worried at all.

There have been many 'poofed' cats in the history of Pet Talkers and it is not done lightly.

TO2Ks - how the heck do you know he was just shy and not mistreated? You don't live there - the OP does. Never mind the number of times this kitty has been out in the hall and has had to be returned to the original owners.

Crayons, knock on their door and ask for the food and litterbox!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

because Crayons came back and said that the kitty cowered but looked healthy.

If I'm walking in front of your house and 20 bucks falls out of my pocket and you see it but don't say anything, you gonna poof that too? It's mine, you know it's mine, but you'll say I don't deserve it because I didn't know it fell out?

A child can be fed and clothed, but suffer emotional and mental abuse.

The fact that these owners aren't even looking for their cat - does that not tell you anything???

If you feel so strongly about this, contact the police or Humane Society in Crayon's city and report a theft.

I worry when the Porch Cats come around as I would hate to take someones Cat Companion, and poof them.
    But Scrappy Two was expecting as was Scout , Pouncer Roccalno and the little Tabby that the Animal Welfare took last year.
    Tubster Panther was thin and starving, and was a stray IMHO.
    Tommy is from up the street where there are unaltered males , but the people refuse to take any responsibility for them. They are not Our Catsthey just hang around here. I have to move my shelters to the back so I am not thought to be the owner of these Big Fellows.
    That is frustrating as there are a lot of people who do not like these Toms roaming, and I think that they go out of their way to run them over.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry. I only bumped up this thread because I wanted to find out if Crayons09 had chosen a name for the kitty. I did not mean to set off a controversy. I don't believe Crayons09 took someone else's cat. I apologize for causing trouble - that was not my intent. Please forgive me.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My Mac was poofed from people that let him out and never checked on him. Once, he was locked in someone's garage for 10 days while the owners were on vacation! The owners of the garage were out of town and didn't find him until they came home. They knew who he belonged to and took him home. Next day, he's out again. He was never fed by his owners and he wandered the neighborhood looking for food. He wasn't fixed and had never had shots. One of my supervisors at work took him back to his owner's house after she found him in her house...again! Mac knew which houses on the block had cats and cat food in them and he figured out how to get in each one of them (that is why I named him MacGyver, he's good at coming up with solutions to problems) Anyway, the upshot of this story is that the neighborhood felt so sorry for this kind, intelligent kitty that one of them poofed him and took him to work and gave him to me.
    Yes, he did belong to someone else, and no, he wasn't technically abused, but he WAS NOT in a loving home! My supervisor later told me that they never even asked about him or looked for him. I not a big one for poofing, but sometimes it is in the best interests of the kitty!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I agree that you shouldn't steal someone elses pets in most cases but there are always exceptions to any rule. If they are mistreated or neglected which was both the case of this poofed kitten and of katladyd's Mac then they should be poofed to a home where they are loved, cherished, and of course spoiled.

Some people should never have pets to begin with because they either lose interest in them or they just don't give their pets the care that they need. As Catty1 has already stated, these people never even bothered to search for their poofed kitten. I bet they lost interest in him or felt he was just too much work for them so they kept putting him out in the hallway hoping that he'd find a home some where else. I still think that Crayons09 did the right thing.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Crayons - you didn't steal this kitty - you saved it's life. THANK YOU!!!

My RB Meezer Ming was a poofed kitty at approximately 6 months of age. He lived in an apartment next to my SIL and BIL, who HEARD, but did not see him being abused. You have to be pretty damn stupid to not know what's going on when you hear thuds on the wall and a kitty screaming! The monsters that owned him also left him outside on their balcony during the day when they were at work, and that's how he was able to be poofed. He went on to live a very long (20 years) and happy life with me. Had he not been poofed, he surely would have been dead.

There is a world of difference between poofing and stealing. If your kitty's former people aren't even looking for him, then that speaks volumes right there. You did the right thing, as most people here have said. Ming's former owners never looked for him either..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

theft is theft. Period. It's not a new concept. Heck eventhe Bible said specifically NOT to do it. It doesn't matter what your self-applied reasoning or justification is, you took something that wasn't yours. So what if they didn't come looking for it? It's still their cat. Crayons said in her original post the cat did not appear injured, but was hand-shy and cowered. Well duh, it wasn't inside it's own home. You didn't rescue it. You didn't adopt it. If you take somethng that doesn't belong to you, you stole it. Doesn't matter if it's a cat, or a toothbrush, or a stereo. It doesn't matter if they came looking for it. It's still theirs. At least tell them you have it, even if you're sure they don't care.

What happens if they do come looking for it later and it's already been given to someone else? Gonna LIE and say you have no idea what happened to it? Lying is way up there with stealing.

I'm done with this. Steal all you want. In fact, I can't wait until my neighbor's German Shepherd gets loose and hangs out on my front porch again to get out of the rain. It's getting my cats riled up and besides the neighbors feed it cheap dog food and keep it in their yard when they're out of town. They're horrible horrible people. I think I'll give their dog away. And not even tell them. That's OK, right? I mean if they really cared about the dog they'd keep it in the house right?

Peace out, thieves and enablers

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    theft is theft. Period. It's not a new concept. Heck eventhe Bible said specifically NOT to do it. It doesn't matter what your self-applied reasoning or justification is, you took something that wasn't yours. So what if they didn't come looking for it? It's still their cat. Crayons said in her original post the cat did not appear injured, but was hand-shy and cowered. Well duh, it wasn't inside it's own home. You didn't rescue it. You didn't adopt it. If you take somethng that doesn't belong to you, you stole it. Doesn't matter if it's a cat, or a toothbrush, or a stereo. It doesn't matter if they came looking for it. It's still theirs. At least tell them you have it, even if you're sure they don't care.

What happens if they do come looking for it later and it's already been given to someone else? Gonna LIE and say you have no idea what happened to it? Lying is way up there with stealing.

I'm done with this. Steal all you want. In fact, I can't wait until my neighbor's German Shepherd gets loose and hangs out on my front porch again to get out of the rain. It's getting my cats riled up and besides the neighbors feed it cheap dog food and keep it in their yard when they're out of town. They're horrible horrible people. I think I'll give their dog away. And not even tell them. That's OK, right? I mean if they really cared about the dog they'd keep it in the house right?

What-ever.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

ditto pomtzu

TO2K - you could always report the german shepherd's situation to Animal Control.

You know - I looked up your profile thinking you had to be about 14 years old (and I am being kind).

You are 37??? And you rant like this? Tantrums?

I suspect your life isn't a happy one, except with your kitties.

Peace out.

Crayons - good on ya!

TO2K, I get where you are coming from, I really do. BUT, if someone doesn't even come looking for their cat when it has been missing overnight and the cat has to be brought to them, and then it is out the next day, well, something's wrong. Now, I agree tht we shouldn't just take someone's pet just because we don't agree with how it's family is treating it, barring physical abuse, but we do have a responsibility to protect these creatures, also. I say take the kitty in, but let the owners know that you have the cat because you want to protect it. Most times, these people will just let you keep the cat, they aren't really interested in it anyway.

When Mac was poofed, I followed up and asked about his old family and if they were concerned about him (he would have gone back if they were upset at his disappearance). They never mentioned him or asked about him at all, so I knew they had done the right thing. One of their neighbors asked them where their cat was and they said, "Who knows, he probable just wandered off somewhere." I never felt bad about keeping him after that.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

In other words, pets are first and foremost PROPERTY.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery