Charlie,

Big Dogs are great !, and your comment on the "huggable", brought back a memory, that I'll hold for the rest of my life.

One day, a LONG time ago, I was about 4 years old. My Dad and I were walking around the block, you could do that back then, it's not so safe now a days.

But, when we walked by this old Lady's house, she was sitting on the Porch, and her German Shepard was out in the yard, near the sidewalk. He was VERY big for his breed, I'd say near 100 pounds, and his name was Bosco.

We stopped and my Dad said hello to our neighbor, and Bosco came up to me/us, and his and my head were at about the same height, he looked me straight in the eye.

Most little kids would be frightened of a large animal moving up so close to them, but, the way he looked at me, was something special. I just reached out and hugged his neck, with NO question about my safety. My Dad made some comment about me finding a new friend, and truth be told, I had.

Large animals have not been a major part of my life, as you can see, I have Yorkies now, and are TOTALLY in love with my little guys. But, I'll never forget Bosco, and the impact he had on me, which started a life long love, appreciation and respect for beings which are SO underestimated.

Have a good Day !
S.W.