Thread: Who belongs to Whom ?

Who belongs to Whom ?

I SO enjoy reading about the DOTD's, each one really dissevers it and more !

However, I can't seem to find anywhere on that page, as to who owns/provides for the animal.

Have I just missed that ? If not, shouldn't there be somewhere on that page, where their name/handle could be placed ?

Have a good Day !
    S.W.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
    I SO enjoy reading about the DOTD's, each one really dissevers it and more !

However, I can't seem to find anywhere on that page, as to who owns/provides for the animal.

Have I just missed that ? If not, shouldn't there be somewhere on that page, where their name/handle could be placed ?

Have a good Day !
    S.W.
    Do you mean the dog's owner's name? We do not post that, so that people can retain their privacy.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do you mean the dog's owner's name? We do not post that, so that people can retain their privacy.
    But sometimes, if a current PT member's dog (or cat or pet) is the Dog of the Day, someone may mention that, by user name in the thread. I try to refer to the owner as the person or human, some people put mommy or meowmie or guardian. It depends on how the bio is written.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Not everyone who's cat/dog/pet that are chosen are members here at the time, they might not even have noticed the forum. However, Karen will alert people that their pet has been chosen and some will join after that. That's when we get to know them by name.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    they might not even have noticed the forum.
    That is true. In one of th many dog training classes I have taken, there was a couple whose dog had been DOTD. They never knew we post comments! By the tim I met them, the comments were long gone re their dog. They were in class with their new puppy.

Freedom, when I nominated Fister, I didn't notice the forum, just looked at each COTD for a while. A few months later I saw PT - and joined. Then it took me 3 days until I started posting.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

In my use of the word "handle", I presumed one would know I meant their "Internet name" or "user name, not their real name.
    I appreciate and agree with imposed anonymity, it's just best now a days !

As I have read here, it seems like a good idea for the "user/owner/provider's" User/Internet name to be placed in the DOTD, where we can focus our comments toward that person. I think it would be a "nicer" way to do that, rather than just saying "HAY YOU", you got a nice Dog !

This brings up another point...
    Often, I have wished to reply to DOTD entry's, but, haven't found any Thread started, where a reply can be placed. I'm new, am or should I start that Thread for The DOTD, or is that something a Moderator should do ?

To tell the truth, I think that Thread should be started by the owner/provider, using their INTERNET/REGISTERED USER name, where our comments could be placed. If that were the case, then that person, by starting a Thread, could provide a place for comments, IF they wanted any. If they didn't start a thread, then.... apparently they don't want any replies, how about that !?
    Last edited by SWHouston; 11-10-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Step right up and open a new thread

It is fun to be the first to comment on one of our pets. Please do feel free to open a thread. Just make sure no one else has already done so. I don't often get up early enough to make it to the first place.

I like the idea of people being in charge of letting us know them better when typing up their bio on their pet. If you are here long enough, you get to recognize the pets' furry (?) faces! (Most times)....

I check in nearly every day, but don't often comment!

sasvermont,

Thank you for your direction, ummm... you got over 4 THOUSAND posts, and you DON'T comment often. I think I need to get back in School and take another Math course !

Have a good Day !
    S.W.

Many years!

Houston - I've been here since 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Not everyone who's cat/dog/pet that are chosen are members here at the time, they might not even have noticed the forum. However, Karen will alert people that their pet has been chosen and some will join after that. That's when we get to know them by name.
    I remember that I used to have my nose always stuck to POTD and so when I turned it on, the pet's picture was half loaded and I screamed with excitment to my sister, I pulled her and hit her so she could listen to me and then told her Squirtle was POTD and later I turned my account on and saw Squirtle's email. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SWHouston View Post
    I
    To tell the truth, I think that Thread should be started by the owner/provider, using their INTERNET/REGISTERED USER name, where our comments could be placed. If that were the case, then that person, by starting a Thread, could provide a place for comments, IF they wanted any. If they didn't start a thread, then.... apparently they don't want any replies, how about that !?
    Not everyone who sends in a nomination is someone who would be comfortable joining a forum, and in fact, many times pets are sent in by children who are too young to legally belong, anyway. The forum came along years after we started the websites, as a way for people to discuss each day's Pet, Dog and Cat of the Day and has gown since then. Also, many people only have email at work, and so send nominations from there, but are forbidden from joining bulletin boards using the work computer. And still more are people who are proud of their pet, but have reasons for keeping their own identity secure.

More people read the homepages than belong to Pet Talk, and some people are perfectly happy to be "lurkers" - read but not post - and we're fine with that choice, too.
    I've Been Frosted