Thread: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Hybrid View

I am saying Merry Christmas this year to all. The patients, people at the stores, neighbors whom ever, be they black, white, green or plaid. If you don't like it, frankly I don't give a fig.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I celebrate Christmas, many do not. I try my derndest to be sensitive to what someone's religion might be. If in doubt, and I often am, I either ask what they celebrate, and go from there, or, wish them a happy holiday.

To me, I wouldn't wish someone a happy birthday if it weren't their birthday anymore than I would wish everyone a Merry Christmas, if they don't celebrate that holiday.

If I want my greeting to be sincere, it should reflect the beliefs of the person upon whom I am bestowing it on, right? Not mine...otherwise, you would wish yourself a Merry Christmas. LOL.

I always say Happy Holidays to strangers.
    That way I cover all my basis.
    If I know them, them I wish them whatever Holiday they celebrate.

I do not see why people should care eitherway.

----<---<--<{(@

I won't shop at any store that refuses to use Merry Christmas or have Christmas trees. Sorry Holiday Trees just doesn't cut it for me. It's not that I'm offended by someone wishing me a Happy Holiday. It's the fact people are going over board to toss Christ out of his own holiday.

You can't even hear any Christmas music any more that even remotely hints at the real reason for the season.

I don't get offened by other people's religions or lack there of. So, why do they get offened by mine?

I did get wished as Happy Father's day once. Something I was never ever expecting to be wished. I thought it was funny.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a job where I don't have to be too politically correct - but because of my previous one, where I absolutely DID have to be politically correct, I find myself saying "happy holidays".

So I'm with catty1: MERRY CHRISTMAS! Feliz Navidad! Frohliche Weinachten! Vesele Vanoce!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

If I wish someone Happy Holidays it's because I may or may not see them for awhile. Merry Christms + Happy New Year = Happy Holidays. I do call Christmas-specific things what they are: Christmas tree. Christmas cookies, Christmas carols, etc. As long as the calendar still says "Christmas" in the little box for the 25th, that's what I'm going to call it, and all things referring to that specific holiday.

I don't get offended if someone tells me merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Any cheerful greeting is better than none, IMO.