I love (hate) the Food Channel.

If I am feeling crappy or have to deride someone, I load up on the NERF gun and tune in the the FC.

After a few minutes of target practice, I feel better.

Today, I tuned into Raychul Rae and she was doing some kind of hour long special on Christmas party food.

She was making cheese balls in olive oil and herbs and goes off to the local cheese shop to buy cheese for the party. She is making an antipasti platter?

I was trying to check out the prices-they had the little signs that have the little wire prongs on the bottom that get pushed into the cheese.

She checks out some 9.99 (looked like) cheeses, then the clerk pushes a 23.99 dollar a pound cheese on her-which, of course, she has to buy.

She walked out with two bags that I guesstimate weighed about 6-7 lbs.

I figure she spent about 75 bucks there.
She goes off to a meat market and buys some sausage and other meat.

I had lost interest by that time.

I love to watch food programs, but, I still get irritated by the claim that it's a meal that you can put up in your kitchen.

That 24 dollar cheese is probably 32 dollars in lost angeles.

I really doubt that RR would even consider her purchases if the FC didn't pay for them?

-------------------------
Christmas really is a time for family and feasting.

I have always thought that if you invite me into your home and feed me a meal, I would gladly eat a can of dog food on account of your courtesy.

(Cat food smells too funny....)

So, I could buy a brick of velveeta, toothpicks some chips, stuff for salsa and a 12 pack of Pabst and have a rocking party. All that for 24 dollars and maybe I'll have a paper dollar to buy a lotto scratcher?

And to all?
A good night!