Thread: Cat obsessed with boxes?!

Cat obsessed with boxes?!

My cat, Winston is such a goofball. He doesn't suck his tail as much anymore, but he has found a new love in his life.

You've guessed it, boxes.

He'll lie next to them, chew on the corners, scratch them.

Does anyone know why he does this?
    Does anybody elses cats do this?

My cats love any hidey hole: box, paper bag, doesn't matter.

If I get a parcel in the mail, I must open and empty the box and put it down for various and sundry to investigate. They jump in, sniff, cuddle down to see if they are seen, tear at the flaps, and basically carry on like goofs!

My cats like boxes. But the one who is in them the most is Ashes. He simply loves them and will spend hours sleeping and laying in one. Even when one breaks due to his big size and the small size (tight fit) he still wants to use it.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

All boxes are fair game in this house, even when they're not quite empty yet. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Yep. It's a cat thing. They love boxes. I call my cat Buddy the box inspector. Any box that enters the house it is his job to inspect it, sniff it and eventually get inside it once the contents are emptied out. Tink is the same way.

That is so funny!!! At our house, any box that comes in is thouroughly inspected, sat on, scratched, sniffed, then finally, when the box is empty, laid in!!! We had Ralph Syracuse's FAMOUS Grainger box. I am said to say, it was trashed with the fleas invasion of our house. BUT, there is a NEW Grainger, ready for Tina Peepers, who has now claimed the box as hers!!! CATS LOVE BOXES!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300019.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	44183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300065.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	44184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300070.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	44185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300128.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	44186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300018.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	44187  

Nine is Fine!!

my old cat Montego never seemed to get excited about anything. But if you threw a box on the floor, you could pretty much guarantee he's be test-fitting it within 10 seconds.

You should check out www.CatsInBags.com It's got tons of cute pics of cats in bags and boxes.

My cats love boxes too. Especially Cali. It's amazing how small a box she can squeeze her cat butt into! Such a silly girl.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by kb2yjx View Post
    That is so funny!!! At our house, any box that comes in is thouroughly inspected, sat on, scratched, sniffed, then finally, when the box is empty, laid in!!! We had Ralph Syracuse's FAMOUS Grainger box. I am said to say, it was trashed with the fleas invasion of our house. BUT, there is a NEW Grainger, ready for Tina Peepers, who has now claimed the box as hers!!! CATS LOVE BOXES!!!
    Awwwwweeee! Your cats share the boxes. Not my cats. If one of them claims the box anyone else getting near it gets a swat!

lol loving the tales about cats in boxes, they're such goofballs!

Those pictures of your cats in the box are adorable, I wish my cats did that lol. It's always Winston on his own

Thanks for the link btw very adorable

The boxes

All of my cats love any kind of box. Big, small,wide, short it doesn't matter. Mom and I are moving so we have all kinds of boxes and the cats are going crazy with them. Flower kitty loves shoe boxes, keep in mind she's 15lbs. But that cat squeezes into them. Just like she's been sleeping in a salad bowl on the kitchen table. That's her favorite spot to sleep. All of these cats are a piece of work. They definitely have their own personalitys. That's the cool part when you more than one. Write back, Tracey

my cats do the same thing!

they get into everything and anything... the weirdest place i found my cat in was a BINDER!

Cats love little spaces, whenever I do groceries, they wait for the bags to get empty and then take them over!

My cat pistachio loves to make an empty water bottle case his home.

For a while, that was all he did - hang out in his box lol

I wish I could post a picture of it,but I don tknow how!!