Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is the rudest question...

When I was in my teens, I was climbing steps from the train to the street, and two handsome, white collar guys (you never know) asked me how long it took me to learn how to get my big fat ass moving up the steps.

Wha? 30+ years later, 30 pounds lighter, I'm still haunted. I can see it as if it was yesterday.

I've been Boooo'd!

Um the rudest was when I was skinny in highschool don't you ever eat? I'd like to be asked that now that I am not skinny anymore.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

" "So why are you still single?" If I knew why, I wouldn't have been single, now would I have been? "

I don't even know where to go with that one. I've been asked that many times and I find it rude. I CHOOSE to be single. I don't have to figure out what's wrong with me! I know why. It's a choice for me. I could be married if I wanted to be. It's none of their business. I wouldn't ask a married person when they expected to be divorced!

The questions I find rude don't involve context, it's more of an issue with of how the question was asked. I will answer any question because subject matter doesn't bother me as long as A. the person wants an HONEST answer and B. they ask tactfully. Any question that can't be asked tactfully is one that should go unanswered in my opnion.

When working as a secretary, about 4 yrs ago I had an office colleague and she always used to ask personal questions...to everyone!

I had a house for sale and when I did sell it she asked me how much money did I sell it. She knew how much I had bought it for, so she wanted to know how much money I made! Since I was waiting for this question I told her:

'Oh! what a pitty did not know you wanted to buy it yourself! Well its too late now!'

Some people don't have any idea where the margin of norm and too personal stands!

Quote Originally Posted by karyn674 View Post
    Some people don't have any idea where the margin of norm and too personal stands!
    Quoted because its true.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

"Are those real?" I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out to what he was referring.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I constantly get asked 'when are you having kids?'. UGH so annoying! First off, I'm childfree and proud! Secondly, if for some reason I wanted kids (*never gonna happen) and couldn't have any, I'd be really upset at people asking that all the time, and third, my reproductive system is none of your business!! I should be asking you- 'why would you have kids??'
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    "Are those real?" I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out to what he was referring.
    The garden gnomes by your front door?

I walk weird, really weird. I don't really know why, but its apparently very noticable. People never really say anything but sometimes I'll get 'what is wrong with your legs?'. It's really annoying, REALLY annoying.

I've only gottent this once so far since I've had Mikey and since I have over 60 pictures of him on FB but someone asked me why I was so obsessed with my dog in a joking manner but it still gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    The ruddest question I was asked was when I worked as a grocery store cashier.

One of the customers I was checking out asked me 'how long till the bread was out of the oven' (bad way of asking when the baby is due).......

I was not pregnant!

Just because someone has on a loose flowing top and happens to have a pudgy looking belly, does not make one pregnant!
    Similar situation. A friend of my college roommate asked her if I was pregnant because of the way I was dressed. I was floored.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-15-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Strangely enough, the rudest question asked was right here on PT.

I was so shocked, I passed it off with a funny answer, but I've never
    forgotten it. No one, absolutely no one, called the person on it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ugh I've been asked this too and then usually followed up with "can I touch em"... and usually the worst offenders are other WOMEN

and I'm surprised no one has asked me when I am due yet because I could definitely pass myself off as a pregnant woman lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    And I'll bet it's not the obvious!

I say fingernails.....

I know what you're thinking Mary - but I couldn't resist!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Since I've never been married it's probably the "why are you still single?" question. I usually say that I just haven't found the right person and leave it at that. People also always assume that you have children and when I say that I don't they seemed shocked to hear this too.