Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

I have just notice after picking up my dog from my parents house that Maddy has block spots on her feet and legs? I treat her for parasites with frontline and after I bathed her today I noticed that she has these really strange dirt like material around her feet. I don't have a clue what this could be?? I have seen fleas and completely know what they look like but this doesn't look like that just black spots adhered to her feet???I would have seen jumping fleas if she would had these right?? Especially in her groin and back areas correct? I have resently treated her for parasites I put it on her on last Wednesday?

Any suggestions? I am just freaking out because I have 4 cats also and I don't want them to get infested if that is what they are?

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv View Post
    I have just notice after picking up my dog from my parents house that Maddy has block spots on her feet and legs? I treat her for parasites with frontline and after I bathed her today I noticed that she has these really strange dirt like material around her feet. I don't have a clue what this could be?? I have seen fleas and completely know what they look like but this doesn't look like that just black spots adhered to her feet???I would have seen jumping fleas if she would had these right?? Especially in her groin and back areas correct? I have resently treated her for parasites I put it on her on last Wednesday?
    Any suggestions? I am just freaking out because I have 4 cats also and I don't want them to get infested if that is what they are?
    Sounds like it could be eggs from something, if it's not regular dirt - do they wash off if you rub gently?
    I've Been Frosted

It does come off if I pull it out of her hair...I brushed her out real good after I noticed the spots in her fur. Today I didn't notice them as much?? So I still went and purchased some advantage for the cats and will be treating them also. Just in case??? I think that would be the best thing....I can't do much more for Maddy since I have resently treated her last Wednesday. As long as everyone is treated it put me a little at ease...

*I've been Boo'd*