Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Dixie Nawtee Dawg story

A Dixie Nawtee Dawg story

Just when I think my little princess is the best dog in the whole world, she has to go and make me so mad at her.

Last night I took Dusty to conformation class to get ready for the upcoming dog show. Since I was at work all day and my husband and son have Boy Scouts on Monday nights, I felt bad that Dixie would be left at home all alone in the evening. I didn't feel like lugging my wire crate along since it is heavy and we were only going to be there about one hour. I called my girlfriend and asked if I could borrow her soft sided crate to put Dixie in while I worked Dusty. She said ok.

Before class started I put Dixie in the crate. It has a mesh like front that zippers close. After about 15 minutes of working Dusty and Dixie being in the crate, she threw a temper tantrum. She clawed at the mesh and actually sliced a hole right down the front of it! She escaped and ran over to me as if to say "OK mom, it's my turn NOW".

I was so embarrassed because I have helped many of these people in this class in their obedience work. And here comes my dog who has two obedience titles to her name, acting like a spoiled child and disrupting the whole class. Of course everyone thought it was cute how much she wanted her mommy, except me.

The kicker of this story is that on the way home I called my husband and told him what had happened. His response "Good! You always tell everyone not to bring their dogs that are not being worked to class because it can hinder training. Next time heed your own advice!" Slap in the face.

I will be buying my friend a new soft sided crate when we go to Cleveland. Thank you very much Miss Nawtee Dawg Dixie. Perhaps the AKC should create a new obedience title called X-CDX (no longer a companion dog excellent!).

You all know though that I wasn't mad at her long. All she had to do when we got home was give me those Dixie Dawg eyes and all was forgiven. She has her mommy wrapped around her paws!

Could you be mad at these eyes for long???

*Grins* I am sure you weren't mad at sweet Dixie for long
    It is bad what she did but she only loves you so much Candy.. And the sad thing is i could Very much see Presley doing something like that... I can't even have a shower or go to the washroom and close the door behind me because she will roll around in the hallway balling LOL Gotta love em

ahhh, the joys of owning dogs!
    I will be buying my friend a new soft sided crate when we go to Cleveland. Thank you very much Miss Nawtee Dawg Dixie. Perhaps the AKC should create a new obedience title called X-CDX (no longer a companion dog excellent!).

Nawtee dog story indeed! But when you are as adorable as Dixie, you can't be a nawtee dog for long!!

Naughty,naughty,naughty Dixie No matter how naughty you are. we still love you the same Who could resist such a lovely face?

Awwww, Dixie!!!!! You just wanted your Mommy!! One look at that face and all was forgiven, I'm sure! Star thinks it was kind of a KOOL move! You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it! Talk about EMBARASSING!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dixie a naughty dog?!

Silly girl.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

GASP! SHOCK!!! EEK!!! OMG! DIXIE***BELLE**** DIXIE**** GIRL ..DIXIE ** WIXIE..HOW COULD YOU????
    ((( psstt.... gotta admit, my sweet girl,,,,,I would have thought it was cute too...but don't tell your mommy.....Cody's slappin ya a high 5 paw!..shhhhhh!!) {{{xoxoxoxoxoxxoox,,aunt K9 sends hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Isn't that always the way? They behave most of the time, except when you REALLY want them to!!

Lori, a trainer here in town has 5 dogs-3 goldens. She uses her goldens for demos and gets so frustrated when these obdience champ, master hunters are jumping on people and not listening. While I know the frustation it is sometimes a relief to see even a trainer's dog isn't perfect!

Hey Sandra! Inquiring minds what to know..what did Star*Shine do at the vet? Are you SURE it was "OUR" girl???

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it! Talk about EMBARASSING!!
    OK.... I'm really curious too. What did Cody do last week at the vets? Come on Sandra.... spill the beans!

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it! Talk about EMBARASSING!!
    Aww, come on, Sandra, share......
    Killian and Shiloh want to know....
    Inquiring minds want to know........
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I want to know too!!! Seems like Cody is usually the quiet one.......expect any trouble, especially the embarassing kind, to come from Starshine!!!! So fess up, girlie!! We want to know!!! Might make my bad Honey feel better to know there is another troublemaker out there!!!!

I too am curious! Come on Sandra! Tell!

Come on, Sandra. Don't forget to tell your story!!!