Thread: Findlay teen suspended for dancing

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    This is such an ugly side of religion. Brainwashing is more like it. Either God finds dancing a sin or not and no where is it written in the bible that
    I know of. What this church/school is doing is mind control. If the parents had any sense they would tell the church and school to stuff it where the sun don't shine. I can't believe that people still follow this type of belief in 2009. It's shocking like something out of the 1700's.
    There are mentions of dancing leading to bad things (When Moses was on the mountain the Isrielites built an idol and danced around it is the primary example I thought of) Other than that it is considered sinful if one is dancing to stir up lustful disires out of wedlock but if you are dancing in praise or in a manner that isnt drawing attention to something that is sinful then it is ok. I don't think it was the dancing itself the school had a problem with its the suspected nature of the dancing. Personally I don't think high schoolers should be acting the way they do at some dances but as long as it was supervised as a Christian I don't see the issue.
    I tend to be thought of as a very liberal Christian though.
    Last edited by DJFyrewolf36; 05-17-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I had a thought

My question is if someone is dancing, how do you know what if any lustful thoughts are in their mind? They could be doing a slow waltz and be dreaming of Johnny Depp or a trillion other things. Lustful thoughts happen every 17 or so seconds in the human male. That is the way we are wired, weather you believe God created man so or we came from the apes that's a fact. Dancing is a beautiful form of art, a fun exercise, a healthy way to stay in shape and a fun way to spend a night out. Those that think they can stop lustful thoughts by stopping dancing need to take a science course and join the real world with facts. No disrespect meant here just basic 5 th grade science.