Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    (intelligence)nancy pelosi = ?
    If she was duped by W's administration about torture she cant be all that bright. Sarcasm!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

BO picked a winner for the Supreme Court?

Wait, she will claim to be 'misquoted' in the future!

------------------

Hey!

What about that NP. Thank god for selective memory from the 'twitchy woman'!

Raven hair and ruby lips
    Fidgets fly from her fingertips
    CIA voices in the night
    She's a restless spirit who's looking for a fight

(Chorus) Whoo hoo, twitchy woman, see how bad she lies,
    Whoo hoo, twitchy woman, she got that look in her eyes

She held us spellbound in the day
    when she should have walked away
    Dancing eyes and waving hands
    Nervous laughter in the room
    She drove herself to madness
    as she sang her silly tune

Well I know you want a leader
    to take over if we need her
    Let me tell you brother she's been saying what's in her empty head
    And there's some rumor goin' 'round
    that she might be goin' down
    by someone who can rock her in the night time
    'til her face turns red

Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Raven hair and ruby lips
    Fidgets fly from her fingertips
    CIA voices in the night
    She's a restless spirit who's looking for a fight

She held us spellbound in the day
    when she should have walked away
    Dancing eyes and waving hands
    Nervous laughter in the room
    She drove herself to madness
    as she sang her silly tune

Well I know you want a leader
    to take over if we need her
    Let me tell you brother she's been saying what's in her empty head
    And there's some rumor goin' 'round
    that she might be goin' down
    by someone who can rock her in the night time
    'til her face turns red

I LOVE IT!

I saw Dennis Miller the other night say something about her 'twitchiness'

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

BO picked a winner for the Supreme Court?

Wait, she will claim to be 'misquoted' in the future!

------------------

Hey!

She is a racist, pure and simple. Then there is the empathy thing. Since when should that matter in relation to the LAW? Is not Lady Justice supposed to be BLIND?

Further, how does she get around the oath she would take?

"I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    She is a racist, pure and simple. Then there is the empathy thing. Since when should that matter in relation to the LAW? Is not Lady Justice supposed to be BLIND?

Further, how does she get around the oath she would take?
    Dude, I wish everyone would stop with the "latino" BS-That is just a little sleight of hand/feel good nomination - just to placate the 'hispanic' bobos that voted for BO.

Putting Sotomenor (little play on her name-menor means small in espanol) in as a SCJ has nothing to do with placing a person with creds into the seat.

--------------

LOL, I'll get jacked for this but here we go-this comes from personal experience too!

SOME- I say SOME- fill in the "LATINO" species here- women are driven to make the most of the new world opening up to give women the chance to get better jobs, make more money, etc.

And with that op comes a chance for them to step on everyone that has ever crossed them. THey become nasty, bigoted, racist and have no qualms about taking down people and using the bodies as stepping stones for their march to the top.

Vayan con dios-I hope this 'pick' goes the way of most of the other BO picks.

--------------------------

Here's another effing BS line that I heard yesterday during the press op BO and SS did yesterday.

BO said something about SS's mom buying the only encyclopedia in the Bronx?

Lke WTF is that borough supposed to be? Some jerkwater area where all the inhabitants are stupid and unable to get a few books? Is the allotment of intelligence stopped at one set of reference books that went to the person with enough money to afford them?

Please.

It's way too funny and sad that we swoon and go WOW because some politician tries to fill a post to make one group happy.

--------------------

Will we ever elect a politician that says, "life is tough-I ain't promising anything right now-I'll try, if you get me into office, not disappoint you by flopping the flip!"

Wow! I see some bad karma on its way for a few folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Wow! I see some bad karma on its way for a few folks!
    Clear and fact based, as always ES. "Saying what you mean and meaning what you say." Yep, thats you.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Walter E Williams on the POTUS criteria for his SC nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Williams
    A MINORITY VIEW

BY WALTER WILLIAMS

RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2009

Empathy Versus Law

President Obama's articulated criteria for his nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court is: "We need somebody who's got the heart to recognize -- the empathy to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges."

What is the role of a U.S. Supreme Court justice? A reasonable start for an answer is the recognition that our Constitution represents the rules of the game. A Supreme Court justice has one job and one job only namely; he is a referee. There is nothing complicated about this. A referee's job, whether he is a football referee or a Supreme Court justice, is to know the rules of the game and make sure that they are evenly applied without bias. Do we want referees to allow empathy to influence their decisions? Let's look at it using this year's Super Bowl as an example.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have won six Super Bowl titles, seven AFC championships and hosted 10 conference games. No other AFC or NFC team can match this record. By contrast, the Arizona Cardinals' last championship victory was in 1947 when they were based in Chicago. In anyone's book, this is a gross disparity. Should the referees have the empathy to understand what it's like to be a perennial loser and what would you think of a referee whose decisions were guided by his empathy? Suppose a referee, in the name of compensatory justice, stringently applied pass interference or roughing the passer violations against the Steelers and less stringently against the Cardinals. Or, would you support a referee who refused to make offensive pass interference calls because he thought it was a silly rule? You'd probably remind him that the league makes the rules, not referees.

I'm betting that most people would agree that football justice requires that referees apply the rules blindly and independent of the records or any other characteristic of the two teams. Moreover, I believe that most people would agree that referees should evenly apply the rules of the games even if they personally disagreed with some of the rules.

The relationship between Supreme Court justices and the U.S. Constitution should be identical to that of referees and football rules. The status of a person appearing before the court should have absolutely nothing to do with the rendering of decisions. That's why Lady Justice, often appearing on court buildings, is shown wearing a blindfold. It is to indicate that justice should be meted out impartially, regardless of identity, power or weakness. Also, as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "Men should know the rules by which the game is played. Doubt as to the value of some of those rules is no sufficient reason why they should not be followed by the courts." The legislative branch makes the rules, not judges.

Interventionists often make their case for bending the rules based on the unfairness of outcomes such as differences in income, education and wealth. After all, how can the game of life possibly be fair when some people's yearly income totals in the hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, while many others scarcely earn twenty or thirty thousand dollars? Some people find that argument persuasive but it's nonsense. Income distribution is an outcome and fairness cannot be determined by outcomes. It's the same with football. The Steelers winning six Super Bowl titles and Arizona winning none is an outcome and cannot be used to determine football fairness. Fairness in either case must be settled by process questions such as: Were the rules unbiased and evenly applied? If so, any outcome is just and actions based on empathy would make it unjust.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.