Thread: Back to square one? :(

Back to square one? :(

2 nights ago as I was putting the dogs up for the night around 10PM sheeba slipped out of my hands and ozzy followed after her..i jumped in the truck right away and look for them until about 1AM with no luck and finally went to bed to try and get some sleep before i had to work(not that i slept barely at all). Thankfully they were standing in the front yard when i woke up at 7 am and sheeba was no worse for wear but Ozzy is having serious trouble with his back legs now.

For those that don't remember, ozzy suddenly became paralyzed on 5/3/08 and no vets could tell me what was wrong with him but with some meds and lots of rest he regained the use of his back legs with only a little defect.

Now he can barely walk with his back legs again, i'm guessing it's from being out running around all the night. I know his limits when it comes to running/playing but he doesn't. He's able to stand for the most part but he is barely using his right back leg and is also not happy about using his left leg either, and even when he does stand it's not a normal stance. It does seem to have improved a little bit in the past 2 days and i'm hoping he'll be just fine with a few more days of rest but if not then i guess it's back to the vet to see if they can help him.

Please keep him in your thoughts guys and hope he makes a full recovery...i thought we were out of the woods with him. I'm really mad at myself for them getting loose

Oh no, not the adorable Ozzy. He is one of my favorites (I have so many favorites, LOL) here on PT. He reminds me so much of our RB Cocker (I know he's not a cocker, but he just reminds me of him). I always LOVE when you post pictures of him playing at the park.
    I will be hoping like mad that with lots of rest he will be able to use his back legs again.
    Can you please give him some loves for me? And when he's feeling better, I look forward to seeing some more pictures of him.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)