Thread: Update on the stray cat

Update on the stray cat

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

Not sure what happened to my last post about the stray cat. He had bit me on my hand and leg and the bite on my leg became infected, so I had to start on an antibiotic. The doctor said he (the stray cat) would have to be quarantined for 10 days at the vet to watch for rabies. So I went out to the vets and got their cat carrier, went back home and got the cat and went back out to the vet's office. When I got there I opened the car door, and the door on the carrier came open. Out jumped the cat and he took off! On eof the vet employees & I tried to find him, but no luck. I even went back out 2 or 3 times that night and looked for him, but of course didn't find him. I even called the radio station and had them put a quick ad on the radio that night. Anyway the next morning when I got up I looked out and there he was sitting on my front porch. The poor cat had traveled clear across town to get to my house - I wonder how long it took him. Anyway as I said he has a new home - my house. He does not get along well with my other cats though. They don't like having a stranger in their midst (especially Mollie).

I did take him back out to the vet that morning and she checked him over - started him on medicine & eye drops. She said she thinks he must be around 6 years old. He is missing a few teeth. She also said she doesn't think he has rabies, so I am watching him for that at home. So far OK on that. His health is also improving. The first days he was at my house he just sort of layed around, but a few days ago he started wandering around exploring / checking things out. His eyes are even looking better. I have named him Bubba, by the way.

Please don't remark on the fact that I'm watching him at home. I just cannot afford another hefty vet bill - I have a bill there already for Buttermilk my RB cat - angel.

I think it's great that you are taking care of him. While you cannot afford somethings right now, at least he has food and someone that cares about him. I'm sure if he needed immediate care for anything you would get him the medical attention he'd need. We've all been (and several of us are NOW) in tight financial situations.

He definitely chose you to have traveled all the way back to your house.

Welcome to a PT home Bubba!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Isn't it amazing how Bubba found his way back "home". I have heard so many stories about cats traveling miles to get back home. I'm glad you are letting him stay. Obviously, he has adopted you. Sounds like he's had a rough life before he came to you. I hope your wounds have healed without any futher trouble. I've been bit several times by rescue cats. So far so good. Every time I bring a new foster in there is always a lot a hissing and cowering. Cats have a pecking order. Eventually I think your furbabies will accept Bubba or learn to tolerate him anyway.

Mary

Congrats and Welcome Bubba!

I'm so glad he made it back to your house safely.

Re

I thought after Bubba formerly known as the stray cat traveled across town to get back to what he thought was home, I better keep him. I would like to find out where he came from to begin with though. I had never seen him around the neighborhood before he showed up at my house.

I am glad you will be keeping Bubba...welcome to PT Bubba....now you are safe and will be well cared for!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Another happy ending!!!! Welcome Bubba!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Awe... he loves you!! He came all the back from across town to be "home"!

Good luck with Bubba, and I hope we'll see pictures of him soon!

Bubba knows where to get some TLC!
    Help support ferals

BE COOL BUBBA, THAT LADY SOUNDS LIKE A CAT LOVER TO BE, AND ITS SURE A LOT NICER BEING WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU THAN BEING OUT IN THE COLD.

YOUR PAL TUBSTER PANTHER.
    KEEP COOL FORMER STARY CAT AND THINGS WILL BE COPASETIC!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh.... God bless you.... Welcome home, Bubba!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome to PT, Bubba. I'm sure you're going to fit right in and be as happy as can be.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh, my goodness, Bubba! What an adventure you had! I guess you picked your home, did n't you.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678