Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Honest Obama Question (From a non-supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    I hope you aren't referring to me here? I haven't personally seen anyone here call someone else here a racist for being against Obama? I brought up that racism is an issue in this election with some people in the U.S. and then posted the video link to show what I was talking about. It wasn't any secret implication towards individuals.

I am not referring to anybody here. Just the tone of the campaigns.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    I am not referring to anybody here. Just the tone of the campaigns.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm actually more surprised of the people that say that they haven't heard him called the Messiah. B/c I sure have and I've really tried hard not to listen!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

4. Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I'm actually more surprised of the people that say that they haven't heard him called the Messiah. B/c I sure have and I've really tried hard not to listen!
    Some are more interested in what the candidates have to say than in the names the candidates are called by others!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Some are more interested in what the candidates have to say than in the names the candidates are called by others!
    True story. And you know I love you Sara!
    And all I'm gonna say is I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT IS ALLLLL OVER! I've had it with all of it!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Keep in mind that you are in a *gasp* swing state so you get far more in terms of advertising and media and hype than we in the "decidedly a certain color" states. I am sure if I tried really, really hard I could find someone saying that, but I have had enough anyway, and am glad the election will be over soon, and we can all begin the process of moving forward.

There was even an article in the Boston Globe magazine yesterday written by an Ohio person saying basically "we have all the fun!"

And all I'm gonna say is I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT IS ALLLLL OVER! I've had it with all of it!
    I second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I second that!!
    Ditto!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I know someone who is going to have a "Thank God, it's all over party" this week!!! Remember Dorothy39?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    It's unfortunate that race is an issue at all, but it is. I heard on the news last night that there was an assasination plot against Obama that the FBI just broke up. It was two skinheads, wanting to kill 88 black people I think, including him. How sad...
    I had to scratch my head about a comment I read about in the newspaper about this apparent "plot". THe Fibbies said that it was no great shakes as far as the planning went-they had no plan in place! It was just a pair of "good old boys" being stupid.

Anywho, Some columnist/poli-blogger (I give credit to the political bloggers because most of them are stupid hate/panic/word mongers who incite raw passions with their posts-as it some person can knock the planet off kilter from their locked basement room!) was saying that the news story about the plot was being ignored by the media. It was "being buried" and people were not paying attention to the news worthiness of it.

Uh, yeah...it was reported and what are we to do about it? Hash it out and give some other bozos an idea as to how to plan a killing?

There is a reason that the Government does not want to talk about the way they uncover these plots against gov't. officials.

LOL, Here come the anti-Patriot Act comments. Trust me, should something happen to an official/candidate that you support you would be crying bloody FN murder yourselves.

------------

I had an interesting experience with a woman right after the elections for mayor here in Los Angeles.

The day after the idio--an, people elected Antonio Villaraigosa to the seat this woman came in to use the FAX in the area and began to spew some real effing hateful crap. The race was a hotly contested campaign where many people were rooting against AV and people were freaking out about having a Am-Mex as a mayor.

The conversation went something like this-
    ME: Hi, how are you?
    Stupid Woman: I am mad!
    M: Gee....I am sorry....
    SW: I can't beleive that they elected that guy to be mayor.
    M: Hmmm, I didn't vote for him.
    SW: Now the people will want things from him....
    M: LIke what?
    SW: You know, the illegal aliens!

I couldn't figure out if she was stupid or was directing her venom at the nearest Am-Mex because the election didn't go her way!

A radio host told this story a while back-I don't know if it was a joke or real- He was in a public business a few days after an election when a person next to him happened to open up a pay envelope. They checked out the deductions on the stub and announced for the room to hear, "I voted for XYZ and they promised to lower my taxes!"

Unfortunately, that is the stupidity of Joe Plumber, Conrad Construction, Sammy Streetsweeper and Felicia Flight Attendant.

The political "messiahs" always promise more than they can carry.

Morons.

---------------

IT ain't over until one half of the population is bellyaching over the results.

Remember,

Be gracious in defeat, but carry the animosity in the depths your heart.
    It helps during the rematch!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I know someone who is going to have a "Thank God, it's all over party" this week!!! Remember Dorothy39?

That's a party I wouldn't miss. I think she would have a lot of company.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    I know someone who is going to have a "Thank God, it's all over party" this week!!!
    It's not even close to being all over here in Chicago. Everything he does for the next 75 days is going to be closely watched.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678