Thread: McGill University Pet Survery

McGill University Pet Survery

Hi all,
    We are students of McGill university and have setup a small survery for our consumer behaviour class. This information will help us better understand what drives one towards the purchase/adoption of a pet.

If you would be so kind as to fill it out completely, we will greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB227W2UQJJ5Y

Thank you very much.

Virgilio Rubini

I tried to respond to the survey, but the only choices for pets are dog, cat or bird. No bunnies or "other."

But folks who actually own dogs or cats or birds should do okay!
    I've Been Frosted

I did the survey, and i chose the lowest age group, although i am younger than that.

Done. I used Kia, my first dog for the study.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

all done.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I completed the survey, using Sugar. Many of the questions seems skewed to buying pets. I have never "bought" a pet in my life! I have adopted most, a few have adopted me. Items refer to pets as possessions - UGH! Very old school attitude!

Did it, thanks.

I'm filling out the survey but I did not purchase my dog, my parents adopted him, although I had a very big say in which dog to adopt as long as the behaviourist agreed. My parents names are on the adoption papers.

Niño & Eliza

Ok being I'm normally an oddball anyways....

If I understand this the whole point of the survey is to analyze the behaviour of people purchasing items, in this case pets?

Being the skeptic that I am....

What use is the information people submit from the survey going to be actually used for? Marketing pets? Published paper? Statistical analysis?

Considering that the survey asks what I deem as personal questions (age, marital status, income, etc.) I won't complete the survey myself.

As one poster above said, the fact it assumes most pets are purchased and refers to pets as a commodity rather than an adopted family member, somewhat puts off a few people.

Something to keep in mind in future surveys.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Did it.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!