Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

More prayers for Mac, poor guy was just trying to be friendly.
    Adding prayers for all the humans, too.

8:50 PM CST and I'm anxious for you, Tamara... I hope everything will go fine and I hope your past history with animal control - plus the fact that you've used that trail literally for years and never passed other users - plus the fact that Mac has run alongside the team, also, literally, for years and never had even one problem, will all go in your favor. Fingers crossed and God's been dialed... elyse

10:15 and I'm still anxious ... I figured the AC officer would be gone by now
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 02-20-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

what an unfortunate situation, Glacier. I hope Mac isn't labeled as a "dangerous" dog now - he only wanted to PLAY not hurt the kid and I am sorry Tehya got hurt by that dog that wasn't being controlled by their "owner" - I pray that Mac wont have to be pts. it was an accident. lots of good thoughts and prayers going out to you, Mac, and Tehya. I hope Tehya has a speedy recovery. (((HUGS))) and that Mac will have another chance with you.. which I am sure he will since your reputation is good with the AC.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Why is play bowing illegal?! I don't get that. I get Kia and Chipper to play bow to me all the time and they've done it to kids that want to wrestle. Maybe I better check the local laws.

Many more prayers for those that need it and for darling Mac. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth

Why is play bowing illegal?!
    "Play Bows" are prolly OK ...

"Kid Tipping" is prolly *frowned upon*.

And then *Grabbing* the lil Kid's jacket hood and *towing him around like a bobsled*
    was no doubt pushing a good thing a bit too far.

HOPEFULLY not a Major Crime against the Crown and Humanity.

Oh my, I'm just now seeing this about Mac. Glacier, you and Mac are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Give that boy a hug from me please!

The AC guy left a little while ago. He was very nice. He said he'd never had anyone provide him a written statement. I typed one out yesterday. That threw him a bit.

There is apparently a bite mark on the kid's buttock. The skin isn't broken, more like a bruise shaped like teeth. I didn't see Mac do that, but I can't deny he might have.

This guy has no authority to make a final decision. He just collects the information. That kinda works in my favor, or it could anyway. The guy who makes the final decision knows us well on a personal level.

I asked what he thought might happen. He initially said "not much" due to the fact that Mac has no history with AC. There's never been a complaint of any kind about any of my dogs before this. He said he would consider this a fairly minor incident in the grand scheme of things, but that a dangerous dog designation is possible. He did say that he could not see a euthansia order for this. Much of what happens depends on what the victim wants. If they are satisfied with a fine or other more minor punishment, then that's what the AC department will do.

I have to file a seperate complaint about her dog, if I want to pursue that. I'm not going to. That's just going to make things worse.

It will likely be late next week before any decision is reached.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Congrats to Andy and his new job!

I was with Kimmy here about the play bow thing... till Phred posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

And then *Grabbing* the lil Kid's jacket hood and *towing him around like a bobsled*

Where did Glacier post that? I must have missed it. Unless that came from an e-mail or PM she sent you.

Glacier, I'm glad Mac doesn't have to go into hiding and that Tehya's foot is getting better.

Terry - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your upcoming surgery. I'm wishing you the best!

Rachel- Prayers for your grandfather!

And prayers for Mary!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    Congrats to Andy and his new job!

Where did Glacier post that? I must have missed it. Unless that came from an e-mail or PM she sent you.

Glacier, I'm glad Mac doesn't have to go into hiding and that Tehya's foot is getting better.

Terry - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your upcoming surgery. I'm wishing you the best!

Rachel- Prayers for your grandfather!

And prayers for Mary!
    I *think* that Phred was just using that as a "in case this happened" but I might be wrong...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

[QUOTE=pitc9]

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Where did Glacier post that?
    I must have missed it.
    Unless that came from an e-mail or PM she sent you.

My BAD!

Angie's right - Glacier didn't *post* that info ... it came from a private PM exchange >>>

"The problem is Mac's behavior was directed at a child, much more serious under the by-law
    than if he had tangled with the dog. The little guy fell on his back in the snow
    and Mac grabbed the hood of his snowsuit, which was not on his head,
    and was tugging him around."

Nobody actually saw Mac "Tip the Kid" - (my play on words for the rural prank practiced
    by some teenagers called "Cow Tipping" ... where said kids rush up to and
    *push over* onto it's side, an unsuspecting dairy cow. )

I did hold off my attempt at *humor* till AFTER I'd heard that things weren't quite as
    serious as first thought, and that the AC interview had gone reasonably well.

We should still Pray that Mac only gets a *slap onna paw* for his friskyness!