Thread: Tiger's Home!!! VIDEO OF TIGER ADDED

Hybrid View

Many Congrats Tiger of being home getting well.. Bigg Whisker Kissess & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!! Tiger is doing WONDERFULLY!!! I'm so happy for him. The surgery was a few hundred dollars less this time around too because they knew right where to look and what to do instead of having to do the endoscopy in both his throat and nasal passage like the first time. So that was an incredible blessing!
    There is an Indian supplement in the Ginger family called Tumeric that has tumor fighting properties that I planned to use the last time he had the tumor removed but unfortunately it was so bitter he wouldn't touch the food I put it in. So, this time around I found some capsules instead of tablets and took them to a compounding pharmacy. The compounder pharmacist is such a neat lady and she said that she would do her best to make it palatable for him. She called me this morning and said she made up a beef flavoured suspension and even added some salt to take the edge off the bitterness of the Tumeric. She said she even tasted it and said "it's not half bad!" LOL I'm going to pick it up right now.
    The best part about this is that this will be a real test to see if the Tumeric helps because we already know that without the aid of any supplements or holistic treatment the tumor comes back in 5 months time. I will treat him with this every single day and if the tumor doesn't come back within the 5th month then that would seem like proof that the Tumeric really does help shrink tumors. I'm excited about it!
    We've decided against the Cryosurgery because it is just too invasive. I'm not comfortable with them opening up his palate and can only imagine how uncomfortable the healing time would be for him with a wound inside his mouth.
    We will however have the tumor removed a third time if need be but hopefully this will not be necessary for quite some time. I know putting him under anesthesia this many times isn't good but the alternative isn't great either so we'll just do what we can.
    Also, I'm going to look into the possibility of equipment that might be small enough to get into his nasal passage that could make the cryosurgery possible. I'm sure my vet must have looked into that but just in case, I'll check it out.
    p.s. I'll take a quick video of him tonight and post it. I really marvel at how well he is doing despite all that he has been through. He's quite a guy!

Great to hear! I hope he likes the new compound!

I can just see you tasting or pretending to taste it while telling Tiger, "GOOD! This is NUMMY! YUM YUM!" like you would to a little kid with a new food.

I hope he continues to do really really well!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am glad things are going well for Tiger! Sending more good vibes your way
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Tiger video...

I took a video of Tiger this morning so you guys can see what great shape he's in! I had to film him in the bathroom because that is the brightest room in our house and my little camera is so crappy! At one point while filming you can hear Jimmy ripping up the carpet behind me just before he enters from stage right. LOL Naughty kitty.

I picked up the suspension and a few of the girls at the counter said they tasted it too because the pharmacist said it was so good. They said it tasted just like curried beef. I thought to myself "hmmmm, cats and curry....a good combo?!? Probably not". Turns out it's not.
    I gave Tiger 1/4 of a dose and mixed it like crazy into his fancy feast and he wouldn't go near it. He was so offended by it that when I offered him plain fancy feast shortly after that wasn't 'tainted' he wouldn't eat that either!
    So then I resorted to forcing it on him directly into his mouth. Poor guy, he so obviously hated it and me. Hours later when I went to hug him he smelled like curry. I won't be doing that again. I have to find a way to get this stuff in him though. The suspension cost 50.00!! And, more importantly, I think it will really help him if I can just figure out how to administer it.
    I'm thinking about buying some pillpockets and trying to squirt small amounts inside 4 times per day or something. Not sure if this will work.
    I'm open to any and all suggestions! LOL

Video of Tiger taken this morning!

Aw, such a sweetheart. Love the fluffy tail and big eyes. I'm so glad he's doing well and even playing. Good job!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Tiger looks great and I hope that you'll be able to find a way to give him these supplements without stressing him out too much.

I have a membership to a newsletter called "Catnip" and there's a new product called Cat Caps. They are empty geletin capsules that are available in beef and chicken flavors. It says that the smell of this meaty coating should mask the smell of any type of medicine and hopefully reduce your cat's objection to taking pills.

The gel caps are made of pharmaceutical-grade bovine raw materials. They are kosher-certified and inspected. The amount it can hold depends on the density of the pill, but unfortunately, liquid medicines will dissolve the capsules so you'd have to use the pill form of this supplement.

A minimum order of 1000 capsules costs $20.95 (including shipping) from the manufacturer. To obtain more information about Cat Caps, please contact the Capsuline at 866-536-2277 or visit it's website :www.capsuline.com.

Hopefully the pill pockets will do the trick. Good luck.