View Poll Results: Should I really be so obsessed with art??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is getting in the way of your other subjects, give it up.

2 9.09%
  • Just try less in art and more in other subjects.

5 22.73%
  • Don't ask me I don't know!

7 31.82%
  • Are you crazy!! Don't give it up you are soo good keep things the way they are!

8 36.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hate my Life

Thanks Miss Meow, I will do that. I feel it would be too much effort to get my schedule changed for a new teacher. Plus, the seventh grade teachers are made up of teams. You get one team, you get al the teachers in it. That's just the way it works. I think my friend and I had a mental breakdown on him. We threw our pom-poms at him, screamed at him, and kicked all the stuff in his room. He didn't seem to notice. I hope he is prepared for the looks I give him in class tomorrow. We talked to the guidance counselor in the hallway. Then we were just mad and looked to our much-valued friend, our french teacher. We convinced him he would be a great principal because he was no nice and he understands what us kids/teens go through. I have decided my consideration and time for art will NOT change, I am going to keep the same amount of effort and time I put in to art. I come up at luch almost everyday (like Kayann) and work hard and my art teachers always gives us lolli-pops. I am still angry and upset and it has been like twelve hours now. I'm heading deeper and deeper into the night and all I can think about is art. Science isn't the most important thing to a math or english teacher, math or english is. I barely passed the sixth grade science course with a 76 as my final average, but a 99 in art. Plus I hear from my teachers that they notie how I am always drawing and everything and I never get yelled at for it. They also notice the amount of effort and consideration increases strongly in art. Today we watched a movie on the 7 elements of art (space, shape, texture, value, form, line, and color), and while everyone else was bored and talking I was staring at the screen taking down notes and concentrating so hard. Now I wish I could do that in science.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I almost died of lack of air, because I couldn't stop to breathe, since there were no periods in the worlds longest run on sentence. I only read about two "sentences" and said "Ok, thats enough for me." My grandma does crap like this 24/7- so I am sick of listening to stories like this (no offense).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No offence, but if you don't want to listen to it, then don't read it. I think everyone has a right to express themselves, and maybe she feels like is a great place for ppl to listen and understand her. I don't mean to be rude, but thats how I feel, please don't take that the wrong way :[
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darnit, I forgot who posted that reply, sorry.

Anywho, I agree 100% with u. if u don't like it don't read it!! You people more then likely have no idea what she is going through (well unless u went throught it too). Have u ever really felt like dirt & stupid & felt ur not good enough & feel like ur sister is better then u (thats what I got out of ur post Brit)?? Well I have.

Yes I know everyone has been 12 at some point in life, & may have had a great childhood, but there r people like us who wern't so lucky. So respect us & don't post mean things u don't understand please!!!

About the art. Whatever u do don't ever stop drawing. Its a major stress releaver. Talk to ur art teacher & see if he can help u find some art contests, those will cheer u up, even when u don't win. I've won several adult art contests when I was under 16 yrs. During an interior design class back in high school my stuff was looked at by a proffessional interior design lady & she loved mine, she said I had great tallent & would make good money if I went to university for it. Just for kicks I applyed to a college course & well I was accepted, but I turned it down. All I wanted was the letter that said I was good enough. I took Police Foundations insted & I love it. & when I was 12 & yunger I was having dreams of becoming a vet. But I lacked the smarts in math & had no hope at all of ever becoming one. So I found something else I liked & I'm loving it.

I have no personal exp. with journals, but I know that my dog was always there to listen to me, no matter what I had to say. Try talking to ur dog about ur problems, it made me feel much better, because I didn't want to go to a shrink either. Try the dog thing & if that isn't helping talk to ur dr. he might recommend something.

well its super late & I have to work early tomorrow morning.
    I hope some of my info is helpful to u & possibly others.

take care

Don't be too hard on yourself. I wasn't good at science or math either, so I went to the teacher after school and got extra help. However, if you don't like your teacher maybe there is someone in your class who could help you? There was a guy in my class who had a rep as a kind of geek but he was SO smart at math and stuff so I just went to him for help. He was happy to do it (he didn't have many friends) and I ended up meeting a super nice person and did lots of projects with him in other classes in the future. Also, I went to a councellor at school and it majorly helped - that's what they are there for!! I was diagnosed with diabetes at the beginning of grade 10 and I slipped into a deep depression. I went on medications and I saw a councellor, a psychologist and a psychiatrist - and this was all in the past couple years (I'm 22 now). I believe that it can happen at any age but if you deal talk about it it may not catch up with you and be overwhelming later, like how it happened to me.

And don't give up your art if you love it!! It will serve as a good stress reliever for you. If you like writing (you seem to because of the long post and the 7 page dream life) keeping a journal or writing short stories might be good for you.

I know I always hated it when adults said to me, "oh it's fine, don't worry about it, blah blah." I can look back on it with a different perspective now, but I don't think it's fair to belittle anyone's feelings when they are upset or feeling down. All feelings are legitimate and matter whether other people understand or not. I feel for you.. I really do. It seems like when it rained it poured all over you!!! Give Lady and Floppsy and Sally big hugs and kisses, and do something for yourself tonight

Hey guess what my depression is getting worse. I went to my friend's cousin's party and it was flled with little kids that were like jumping on us and stuff. Then my friend kept on wanting to do what she wanted to do and I couldn't do anything until she said so. And then her and her other friend and me were in the moon bounce and they left because they said I was ruining it by jumping around while they did flips which left me all alone and all of a sudden all of the things that had happened to me in my life came to mind and I just started crying and then when I finally came out like 20 minutes later they could see I had been crying and started laughing. Then we went in the car and I didn't talk to them. Then my "wonderful" day ended off in a screaming fight with my mom when she said I care about everything else but my family and I really do I don't care my family sucks. And now I am on here. But at least I have the pets here and I love them and I have you Pet-Talkers so it's not like I am totally alone.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Britt, I know it's none of my business, but seeing as you posted, I guess it kinda is. It sounds to me as if you aren't getting what you need at home. Do you ever spend time with your parents? Do they listen to you (and I mean really listen)?
    You shouldn't be this depressed at this age in your life, you should be having fun with friends, not sitting alone on the computer all the time. Maybe that is one of the problems. You are on the computer "too much". It's like you need us, to talk to & tell your problems to. You should try talking to your parents & friends. Maybe then you wouldn't always be so depressed.
    Anyways, I hope you feel better now, then when you did when you posted.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Who rated this thread with one star? Might be easier to ignore a thread of little interest rather than insult the writer???
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Actually, my outer family (uncles, aunts..etc.) isn't really that fond of me BECAUSE I LIKE ANIMALS!! It is so annoying if my cousin is torturing his cat of course I am going to tell him to stop but then my aunt gets furious. Anyway, I am too embarassed to talk to my mom or dad and there really isn't much to talk about. If IO am going to be on my own, I just gotta learn to enoy it. I figure things out on my own. It is especially hard to talk to my mom about puberty. So I did sort of talk to her but she is really weird. I am close to my family..but then animals or art come up. It's like my family are a bunch of dim-witted people and I am the one with the brains. My favorite family member is my grandpa. We live in a two floor house but my grandparents live upstairs and my grandpa is really cool and all my friends like him. All my friends hate my mom, she never trusts them. Anyway, while my dad and sister are watching South Park and football games and my mom is blabbing on the phone, I am either writing a story or sketching or on the computer somewhere talking about pets. I am so happy on the computer it has become my life (besides my pets and art). I take the pets outside and play with them and stuff and that is fun too. Online I never have to go naywhere and I can talk to my friends. You cannot hear what you are saying, only see it, and most of the time you can delete what you say when you cannot in words. I also watch TV and interact mostly with the media and arts. Anyway, bye.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

O gee A 74!! I PRAY FOR 74! LOL. But I'm in the 8th grade.

LOL

I have a 48 in science and a 52 in History. Yea, I am like the worst student EVER! LOl But I try my hardest and my teachers see that so they help me out alot. Maybe talk to your teacher about your grade and see if there is anything you can do.

Also, I know what you mean about talking to your parents! When I talk to my mom she just blows me off to talk to my older sister . It really makes you feel un wanted. My mom always says that oncve my sister leaves we are going to have a great relationship but you know what, I don't want to be a replacment. When I was 12 or 13 I think13 I went through depression. Acctually I find deprassion is more comon in teenagers, it is like a thing they go throw now. I dunno, all my friends went through it I went through it and now you are to. I know what it feels like to be lost and like there is no one who cares but really everyone cares for you. your family loves you. Maybe your mom is mad because you would rather be on the computer then with her. I know my friend and her mom hate each otehr all they do is fight and I feel so bad for her mom she is always in tears becaue of the way her daughter acts. I'm gald me and my mom can at least survive a car ride fo 30 mins without one of use bringing the other to tears, although I don't think I have ever brought her to tears, I know she's brought me to them. Your family life may not be bad, I know mine wasn't a year ago and just because you aren't close with yoru family doesn't mean that it is bad. Just try to talk to your mom about what you did that day. Like stupid stuff like today I took Lady out side and threw the ball and she jumped up real high for it. It was so cool. She might respond with a A huh or a Yea thats nice, but she also might respond with a o wow thats cool you wanna show me or what else did she do? Just try, ok? And when you get all depressed go play ball with Lady are run around with Floppsy or even play with Sally.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka