Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparky

Sparky

What a wonderful tribute to write about your handsome Sparky - you are both so lucky to enjoy and value each other - he is clearly a very special partner.

Every dog is special, then there's that extra special doggie that comes along once in a lifetime...your forever dog, your heart dog, your dog of a lifetime. Beautiful Sparky, you are that dog. Your human's tribute to her/his best friend brought tears to my eyes. I looked at your beautiful photo, saw the love radiating from those soulful, gentle eyes and I knew the words that were to follow. Sparky, I know why you were barking that day at the shelter. You were telling your human "Here I am. I'm ready to go. We belong together." Thank you Sparky for being the loving, loyal, devoted best friend, companion and protector to all these many years. Words cannot express how privileged I feel to have met you. I wish you many more happy years with your family, precious boy. They are so very blessed. Congratulations to you Sparky. You are our very special, very beautiful, most deserving Dog of the Day! And Sparky, my Cody is a Husky/Shep shelter rescue too and she would like to send along a big, happy, "woof woof" to her friend in fur!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-18-2002 at 09:27 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well, Sandra said it all!

Congrats & have a wonderful day!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sparky, what a handsome chap you are & what a wonderful pet & companion, too. I hope that people who are thinking of getting a dog read your story. Because it will tell them to go to the nearest shelter where the most wonderful dog in the world will be waiting for them. A perfect dog just like you, big fella. Have a great day with lots of pats & cuddles & treats from your family and friends.
    Marie

I just love a senior DOTD! Sparky you sound like a sweet and wonderful best friend. Your human's tribute made my heart smile this morning! And I just love your ears

Congrats to you on being DOTD!

What a regal dog you are, Sparky. So glad that you and your family found each other.

Sparky

What a beautiful tribute to a very special dog!!! I love your love for children, especially, Sparky. And I am proud to now "know" you. Many, many blessings to you and your special family. Congratulations on being the Dog of the Day!

Darling Sparky... May you be blessed with many more years of love, devotion, sweetness and painless days. Sandra DID say it all....you are awesome. Lots of cyber {hugs} and kisses on your Special Day!

Good Morning Dear Sparky, I have fallen in love with you. You are so handsome and kind and gentle. I wish you lived in my neighborhood so that I could be one of those lucky recipients of a visit from you. You have that true caring spirit that many humans lack and I know how much your family loves you. We wish you many more years of love and devotion.
    Congratulations Dear, Handsome, Caring Sparky Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Sparkster, you rock! What a friendly man you are, and soooooooo gorgeous! I wished I lived in your neighborhood - I would come visit too . . . with treats. But it sure sounds like you are very very loved and an important part of your furparents' lives. I hopy you have many more years together sweetheart. Congrats for being Our Dog of the Day!!
    Last edited by missprissy; 10-18-2002 at 04:01 PM.

Sparky, you are so handsome. What a friendly guy you are!!! You bring sunshine wherever you go. Congrats to you on Dog of the Day.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Hello Sparky,

What a real pleasure to get to meet you & hear your
    hearwarming story of rescue & living a wonderful life with
    a special forever family that loves you very, very much.
    I'm very glad to offer congratulations & good wishes to you
    today sweetheart, as our DOG OF THE DAY !!!

My wish for you is that you have many, many more
    of those GOOD days to enjoy with your folks.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you from Sparky's mom

I want to thank you all for your kind words for Sparky. As you are aware, it can take some time from nomination as "Dog of the Day" until the actual posting, and I'm sorry to report that Sparky crossed the Rainbow Bridge on August 30, 2002. Sparky had valiantly battled cancer, never complaining, even when the vet took blood. Though the disease was making him weaker and weaker, each day he would still go visit the neighbors and always had a lively greeting for us or whomever came to the door. Sometimes, people would be so surprised by his lively greeting and say "I thought you said Sparky was sick!" Towards the end, it was becoming more and more difficult for Sparky to breathe, and we finally had to make the heart wrenching decision to let go.
    There is now a major emptiness in our house and in our hearts, and seeing him honored today was a comfort. I just wanted to say thank you from Sparky, he would have loved all of the attention.

Sparky's mom

Thank you, Sparky's mom, for letting us know the news about his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. You must be so proud to be known as 'Sparky's mom'!

Sparky would have loved you so much for taking him from the shelter to a wonderful home where he could blossom into the very best dog anyone could own. He would thank you for the final gift you gave him...despite your heart breaking...the gift of not suffering any more. His spirit will be with you & all his friends forever.
    Marie

Sparky's Mom,
    I am so sorry to hear that Sparky has gone to the RB. I'm sure he had a wonderful life & was glad to have your home as his forever home.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets