Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mars Inc in ANIMAL TEST HORROR

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    This link does seem to provide a little more information on the topic than
    the last link but, don't wait around for some folks here to agree with you.

They won't because they are so busy shooting the messenger, they can't
    look at anything objectively.Any mention of PETA ,and some folks here go
    berserk.
    Hey, I didn't go bersek, I just said I don't believe anything PETA puts forth, based on their past performances and exaggerations. If PETA told me the sky was blue, I'd go outside and check for myself before agreeing with them. Nor did I shoot the messenger, nor do I think anyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Hey, I didn't go bersek, I just said I don't believe anything PETA puts forth, based on their past performances and exaggerations. If PETA told me the sky was blue, I'd go outside and check for myself before agreeing with them. Nor did I shoot the messenger, nor do I think anyone else did.
    Well, if you didn't do any of those things I think it would be safe to assume that lizbud probably wasn't referring to you, and anyone who feels they responded appropriately has no reason to feel this was directed at them.
    Tamandua Girl I see you quoted something but I cannot figure out where that quote is from. Is it from the HSUS website?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Well, if you didn't do any of those things I think it would be safe to assume that lizbud probably wasn't referring to you, and anyone who feels they responded appropriately has no reason to feel this was directed at them.
    Tamandua Girl I see you quoted something but I cannot figure out where that quote is from. Is it from the HSUS website?

Thank you. You are right.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You'll have to pardon my distaste for a "charitable" organization that gives money to terrorist groups.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I am sorry but objective and PETA don't even belong in the same sentence, I formed my opinion of them with my brain and yes I do discredit just about anything they say, my choice.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

please may i have solid proof that
    a) PETA kills animals
    b) PETA gives money to terrorist groups
    and please not just a random news report, we all know what the media are like.
    sorry for getting a little snotty with the last post, and i wont wait around for people to agree with me. if you dont agree, fairs fair.
    and yes, i do agree with the shooting the messenger comment. please dont flame me for PETAs actions, im just posting this because i know alot of people eat mars candy, and i have posted proof that they do test flavanols on animals, and i care about the animals. if i didnt care, i would never have posted.
    also, i dont mean to sound nasty, but to all the flamers out there, the ones that have posted, you just wasted a few moments of your precious life flaming, and to others that want to bash, go ahead and watse a little more time. yes, someone will probably use the response that i wasted my time. i didn't, i just raised a little awareness of the suffering of animals.

thank you so much for the sig ellie! (whisk_luva)
    Jades animal friends;Pickle;RB Blue;RB Purple;Mitz
    RB Peanuts;RB Sweetie;Puss Puss;William
    RB Ripple- 1996-23/7/2007;Treacle;Spot;Red

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    I moved this to The Dog House.

Secondly, I take with a large grain of salt anything put out by PETA.
    oh, and thankyou for moving this. i wasnt sure whether it went in the dog house or in general, so i guessed.

thank you so much for the sig ellie! (whisk_luva)
    Jades animal friends;Pickle;RB Blue;RB Purple;Mitz
    RB Peanuts;RB Sweetie;Puss Puss;William
    RB Ripple- 1996-23/7/2007;Treacle;Spot;Red

"there is no trouble from which a cat can't exume itself from by using a little timely purring."
    Ripple- 1996(?)-2007

The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by -Pickle-
    also, i dont mean to sound nasty, but to all the flamers out there, the ones that have posted, you just wasted a few moments of your precious life flaming, and to others that want to bash, go ahead and watse a little more time. yes, someone will probably use the response that i wasted my time. i didn't, i just raised a little awareness of the suffering of animals.
    Obviously, you've never really been flamed. I thought my post was quite tactful, actually. And why the big chip on your shoulder about people that don't care for PETA? You seem a little bitter. All of us care deeply about animals and we all do different things for their well being. You need to spend some time here reading our other posts before you start slinging accusations of us like you have.

Quote Originally Posted by -Pickle-
    please may i have solid proof that
    a) PETA kills animals
    b) PETA gives money to terrorist groups
    The sites I kinked to have gathered the proof there quite nicely. You just ave to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    Well there was supposed to be a link with the quote.
    http://www.activistcash.com/organiza...ew.cfm/oid/136
    It's a long page but I have read the whole thing before. Just grabbed some relevant quotes quickly since more people still support hsus than peta. If you still support them and read the whole thing and look into it you may feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Those PETA people can be quite over the board sometimes. I agree with their cause but not their actions, a lot of the time.
    My thoughts precisely. On the whole, I agree with what they campaign for, but not how they campaign. I think, though, that the reason they have become so volatile is because peaceful protest has not worked for the animal rights cause in the past - your average person just doesn't want to know. I don't see a problem with showing young people graphic images of abused animals, unless that particular person is proved mentally unstable or very easily upset. I do have a problem with something, though, that actually harms another person or creature, something which PETA sadly seem to do often.

And I do agree with lizbud that it seems the cannons are out as soon as PETA is mentioned. -Pickle- is from the UK like me, and PETA don't bring quite so many of their more devious and dreadful plans across the pond, so over here they're seen as more moderate than extremists. I can understand why she would not instantly discredit them. And she is right - in some way or another this abuse does go on, all over the world, for medical or cosmetic purposes. At least this article raises some degree of awareness, albeit by more drastic and sour means.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    My thoughts precisely. On the whole, I agree with what they campaign for, but not how they campaign. I think, though, that the reason they have become so volatile is because peaceful protest has not worked for the animal rights cause in the past - your average person just doesn't want to know. I don't see a problem with showing young people graphic images of abused animals, unless that particular person is proved mentally unstable or very easily upset. I do have a problem with something, though, that actually harms another person or creature, something which PETA sadly seem to do often.

And I do agree with lizbud that it seems the cannons are out as soon as PETA is mentioned. -Pickle- is from the UK like me, and PETA don't bring quite so many of their more devious and dreadful plans across the pond, so over here they're seen as more moderate than extremists. I can understand why she would not instantly discredit them. And she is right - in some way or another this abuse does go on, all over the world, for medical or cosmetic purposes. At least this article raises some degree of awareness, albeit by more drastic and sour means.
    Do you think we shouldn't keep animals as pets?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Do you think we shouldn't keep animals as pets?
    Of course? I never said I agreed with absolutely everything they did. If I believed that then I wouldn't keep any myself.

I personally can't imagine a world without pets; domestication has been present for tens of thousands of years, I doubt we can reverse it. Granted, that is one of PETA's stupid ideas. I do think, however, it should be made more difficult to obtain an animal by checking household income, home size, past records, etc, before an animal is brought into the home.

Zimbabwe 07/13