Thread: A Serious Question, I Need Your Input Please!

Hybrid View

Like Emeraldgreen, I have a Will that has very specific instructions when it comes to my cats, who they go with, making it perfectly clear that Maya Linn and Mollie Rose MUST stay together (although I doubt Mollie Rose will be around since she's going to be 15).

Gary, you're gonna live FOREVER, dude.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We had a elderly friend that had cancer and knew it would kill him. He had no family, except for his lovely, 14 year old Cat, Jenny. He had it written that she was to be PTS when he died. We talked him out of doing that, promising him she would have more years ahead and we would look after her because we loved her already. He agreed so when he died, he left Jenny and his house to my friend so Jenny got to stay in the only house she ever knew until her time to go came which was a few years later. She was buried in the back yard of the only home she ever knew..

If you only had someone who could move in and take over your hotel for you, that would be the perfect answer for them. I agree with everyone else, as close as they all are, I think they will be fine as long as they have each other and a place to pile.

I'd like to leave my house to mine and some money for their care. I think they would be alright here in the only home they have known with someone to take care of them. I don't think they would like it anywhere else.

However, I would want Boo PTS IF they couldn't stay here after all she has already been through because it would take someone so very, very special to take her and understand. I do question how Samantha would be with someone else because she is so devoted to me. It would also take someone understanding and special to take Amy but they JOY they would get from her will amaze them. I think Giz wouldn't care as long as she had her TOYS with her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Another thought here: sometimes we humans let our egos get in the way. Cats do fine w/out us, as much as they love us and are close to us and bond w/us and all that good stuff, they still do fine w/out us. It's we who need them emotionally, not the other way around. Yes, they do need someone to care for them and provide them w/food, shelter, the basics. So many of us here on PT are/were involved in rescue and we see how badly animals can be treated and how they come around after some love and good vet care are administered. However, I think we underestimate our feline friends in their adaptability and we overestimate what we mean to them.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I HAVE MY LAWYER WHO IS AN EXPERT ON PETS AND WILLS, SO EVERYTHINGS SET UP THAT WAY. I ACTUALLY HAVE JUST REALIZED THAT IF THERE ARE OLDER CATS, THEN THEY SHOULD BE THERE TO HELP THE YOUNGER CATS ADJUST. IT WOULD BE A LOT HARDER ON THEM TO COPE WITH NOT ONLY MY LOSS, BUT THIER COMPANIONS AS WELL.
    I KNOW JANICE WOULD COME AROUND TO HELP THE PORCH CATS AS MY HOTEL WOULD NEED SOME WORK BEFORE IT WAS SOLD. SHE MIGHT EVEN KNOW A PET LOVER WHO I COULD SELL THE HOME TO SO THAT THE HUNGRY WOULD NEVER GO AWAY WITHOUT A FULL TUMMY.
    THIS MIGHT BE JUMPING THE GUN, BUT I LIKE TO BE PREPARED!!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.
    MOOSE 2 SAYS MMMMEEEOOOOWWWW!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hey, Gary, it's better to be prepared than to, God/dess forbid, something would happen and your cats would be left to fend for themselves. Yes, they're adaptable but it still would be unfortunate. You're thinking ahead and thinking of someone other than yourself, which is becoming a rarity nowadays.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Try to find a way to have a guardian or some no kill shelter to take cats. they could still be happy and well.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

My grandfather had left arrangements for his cats in his will. He didn't leave much of anything to his family (which was fine by me), but he made sure that his cats were taken care of.