Thread: BigBird

BigBird

Yes i know this is a dog place, but i got a bird! hehehehehehehehehehee

If it is alright with Karen i would like to submit him to pet of the day. He comes around almost everyday, and we feed him. We have named him BigBird. Hes a Snowy Egret.
    heres a pic of him in flight.

and with his wings open

Enjoy!
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Wow, he's beautiful. I wish I could see a bird that pretty on a daily basis.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

KayAnn, you lucky thing!
    He is stunning.
    How wonderful to have a Snowy Egret as a friend.
    Thank you for sharing him with us, truly magical.

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: carrie ]

How wonderful, he is just beautiful, lucky you KayAnn.
    Jackie

Oh My Gosh Kay Ann! Bella would go nuts if she saw that in our yard! About a month ago we had a hawk circling in the back yard each morning. He seemed to live in the woods behind our house but we haven't seen him in a while now. She was quite interested in him! What a beautiful bird! Thank you for sharing. Us folks up this way never get to see anything so beautiful!

I love egrets! They are so beautiful. Big Bird is gorgeous.

OMG! Kay Ann he is beautiful!!!!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

kay ann that is a beutifull bird. im sure someday he will get pet of the day. if i were you i would enter him in you go gurl
    megan stewart

Oh my gosh - how wonderful to have one of those gorgeous birds in your yard. I have to go to the zoo to see those here. We do have an abundance of Canadian geese that go honking up and down the street.

There is a flock of about 200 Canadian geese that like to sit - and poop - on my school's soccer, football, and field hockey fields. It's a huge problem but we don't want to hurt them, so in gym class, we herd them away! It's quite fun and we get so excited when we get them to fly off. Of course, though, they are back within hours

Daisy's Mom - tell the gym teacher that you need to learn to train dogs in class. Then go out and get a couple of aussies or border collies and teach them to round up those geese! Sounds educational and darn fun!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Beleive it or not, I suggested that we get some border collies to help us out! My teacher didn't like the idea. He is crazy when it comes to making us run! It's his horrible, sick hobby! lol

KayAnn the bird is beautiful. Thanks for sharing him. You are such a dear. (I loved Simba's Halloween costume too!) What a pretty neighborhood you live in. You didn't say if Big Bird and Simba have interacted so to speak.

Bridget that is so funny about your gym teacher's sick hobby. I love how I'll be reading along and then one of you comes up with stuff to make me.