Thread: Just feeling a bit down

Hybrid View

Thanks for the kind and helpful words, everyone. You guys make me feel a ton better. I think I will write a letter to him, that's a really good idea, elizabethann. Vela, thanks for clarifying that.

cyber-sibes, I got my computer working now, so I've been checking in most days. Yes, my dad will be visiting for Christmas. I'm really excited!
    He won't be bringing Sam with him, though.

Thanks again, everyone. I feel quite a bit better today.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I am glad to hear you will see your Dad for Christmas. It is hard moving away from familiar things, especially when not everyone in your family is moving with you. As has already been said, Sammy will definitely remember you. My RB girl would visit some of my family in Florida for a week once a year, and she remembered not only everything about them, but also all of their neighbors. Dogs never forget special people.

{{{Big hugs}}}
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

It's nice to hear some of your stories about your dogs and how they remember people so well. It now seems silly that I thought he woulden't remember me. Thanks so much everyone. You've all got such positive things to say. ((hugs)) to all of you.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

It must be very tough on you being away from your boy but I can promise you he would never forget you! You can rest easy knowing hes in a safe loving home with your dad so hes in the best place for him so try not to feel bad its a situation that cant be helped

I'm a lot older than you, but I have a similar situation that I would like to share with you.

I was married when I was 22 years old and we had a yellow Lab named Chuck. He was a wonderful boy and although he was truly my husband's dog, I was his primary caregiver, feeding, walking, etc. When we seperated, I was so concerned about Chuck and wanted to take him with me, but it wasn't meant to be. Our cat, Mimi, went with me, and Chuck stayed with his "dad". There was never a time in the following years that he didn't "know" me when I would go to pick up my daughter or drop her off at her dad's house. He always "knew" me, or at least he acted like he did! I loved that dog and he lived to the ripe old age of 15 years.

Your Sammy will be the same way. He will know you and you will have him back! I don't think they ever forget people who love them.

{{{{{Hugs Sweetie}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    My RB girl would visit some of my family in Florida for a week once a year, and she remembered not only everything about them, but also all of their neighbors. Dogs never forget special people.
    That brings back memories of our family dog when I was a kid. He got to come on vacations too and remembered everyone year to year - I think he rather liked seeing them again! Thanks for this reminder.

I'm sorry, I can understand how you must miss him! But, I'm sure he will remember you! I don't think my dogs have ever forgotten anyone, ever, who has given them food! Imagine how overjoyed Sammy will be to see you!

When I studied abroad for a summer I was afraid that Marta would forget, me, too. But she didn't! Sammy will probably do a cartwheel when he sees you next! And remember, he's in good hands with your dad!