Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how often do you...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

how often do you...

...wash your sheets?

Random question, I know, but, I'm washing the sheets from our bed, and, wondered how often is "normal?" I wash mine every Monday. But, if I had more than one set of sheets, I'd probably wash them twice a week. How often do you guys wash your bed linens?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

like twice a month usually.

Niņo & Eliza

A couple times a week.

Geez, not once or twice a week, that's for sure... I'll admit I'm a rather poor housekeeper so I'd rather not say- there's too many other (more fun) things to do besides clean on my free time!

I... don't know. I don't know how to wash anything except towels. I know, I know, its pitiful when I don't do my own laundy at my age. Though, I assume my sheets get washed once a week or so... maybe once every other week?

I don' sleep on sheets i sleep on a blanket because i hate the feeling of sheets
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I try to do it every week, but I forget easily, so atleast once or twise a month.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Only when they smell or have poop since I almost always have a bird sleeping with me lol they all do poop alot at night.

Cool, I said it was a random question. Yeah, I usually do it once a week, like I said. I'm just grossed out by sleeping on dirty sheets, so, I probably should wash them more often. When I did start cleaning my sheets once a week, I noticed that my skin improved, and, it's an easy chore. Rip 'em off, throw 'em in, put 'em back on. It's the only one that I really don't mind, because I hate folding laundry, blech.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I do mine about once a week unless they need it more often for some reason. My reasons include dogs chewing pig hooves, ears etc., dogs throwing up on then (Sylvia's favorite place), and other dog related things. Dirty sheets are a small price to pay to have them sleep with me. I even considered getting a bigger bed for them! I still live at home and I have twin bed. Twin bed + me +4 dogs= no room to move!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    I still live at home and I have twin bed. Twin bed + me +4 dogs= no room to move!
    Yeah, my bed back at home with my parents is smaller than a twin. And, with a nearly 90 pound two foot tall dog, it's not very roomy. David has a king sized bed, though, so the five us can sleep comfortable. hahahaha. Two people and three dogs. It's fun, though! But, yeah, sometimes I think I should wash the sheets on Thursdays, too!

I change them once a week. The dog hair on the pillow gets to me after
    about a week.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Usually every other week but more if I feel like it I usually notice they get wrinkly rather than not clean. I have extra pillow cases though - and change them every few days. Sheets don't really get very dirty do they? We shower before climbing in bed and the kitties sleep on top of the quilt.

Clean sheets sure feel good though!!

Once or twice a year, maybe? Seriously.

It's not as easy for me to change mine - it's SOOO much trouble putting them back on. And I don't think mine get that dirty. The animals don't sleep with me - Daisy can't get up on my bed, Jessie sleeps under my bed, Jake sleeps on my parents' bed, and the rest are in various places other than my bed. The only time I wash my sheets are when my mom says "that's gross" and rips them off. I don't think they need it, though... they're just comfy as ever! I'm the weirdo who sleeps on flannel sheets in the middle of the summer because they're too comfy.

But yeh, sorry if I grossed anyone out. Funny thing is, my mom washes her sheets just as often as me.. she just washes hers hours before mine, giving her room to call my sheets dirty. :P
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Sheets don't really get very dirty do they?

I think if you're showering before you get into bed, you should be fine. I usually wait til morning to shower, unless I've worked out or been outdoors or on the lake...or out somewhere smoky (like a concert or a bar or club). Then I shower just after getting home, usually right before bed. But, if you do anything else in bed **ahem**, they are very dirty! hahahaha, sorry if that's too much to say.

Quote Originally Posted by buckner
    But yeh, sorry if I grossed anyone out
    You're funny, nah, it doesn't gross me out. it's not **my** bed. I'm not a total germaphobe, but, I definitely wash my sheets often. but, hey, this is why i asked the question, i figured it'd be interesting to hear other's thoughts...