Thread: Duncan

Duncan

Congratulations kiddo!!!
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

something extra special

Yup, there always seems to be something extra special about our Saturday Dogs of the Day, and Duncan is no exception. What a dear soul you have Duncan, taking care of Hope and Poco and especially your mom.

You are a handsome guy as well. I can't believe that Mom didn't include Great Dane in that unique mix of breeds... as that is what jumps out at me. Anyway, it seems that whoever did the mixing, they got it just right to be able to come up with such a marvelous boy who would one day be recognized (HERE AND NOW) as Top Dog. Congratulations Duncan. Wear your title proudly and today, let everybody take care of you .
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Good Morning Duncan! At first glance, I thought you had a bit of Great Dane in you!! But I can definitely see the Lab! Maybe it's the set of your ears, that keen, "ready to please" expression or perhaps that sweet, longing look in your beautiful eyes?? No matter what your lineage, you are simply stunning; and what a gorgeous brindle coat! Your photo so splendidly conveys your sweet, kind, gentlemanly manner! What a wonderful friend and playmate you must be to your human and furry family and friends!! How I wish I could give you a Duncan sized hug and shake your paw! Do you think you could ask your Mom to do that for me?? Thanks so much Duncan for dropping by today and making my day so extra special! Congratulations to you beautiful Duncan, the gentlest, sweetest, most beautiful and deserving Dog of the Day!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a beautiful picture you take, Duncan!!! I was almost drooling, looking at you!! I'm so glad you found the perfect place to call home. You certainly deserved it!! Congratulations, sweet Duncan, on being the Dog of the Day!!!

Oh Duncan, what a beauty you are , so regal. I love that photo of you sitting there so very proper, so very handsome. I believe you are what we call a 'gentle giant'. One can see how much your family loves you and I don't blame them. Thank goodness they rescued you from that cold winter night. Congratulations dear, sweet, Duncan Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Lord Duncan

What a dignified, elegant dog you are, sir! I can see you are the Head of the Household, by your regal bearing! You definitely deserve to be our Saturday Dog of the Day, and I hope you are given the royal treatment you so obviously deserve, Duncan. Imagine anyone so cruel as to abandon puppies; fortunately they had the sense to leave you near the shelter. You have very wise and extrememly cool humans to see in you who you really were. You are a beautiful dog!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

Duncan, you are quite a poser. You look so cute in front of those tulips. Whatever breeds you have in you, you sure are a cutie. Congrats on being DOTD!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Hello precious Ducan, congratulations!

Duncan
    You look every bit the gentleman sitting there with your backdrop of flowers. Out for a bit of a stroll in the garden are we? I'm so glad you found a loving forever home and family. You sound like one special dog all right. Congratulations on being our special Dog of the Day today.

Duncan

He's gorgeous! And he does look very elegant...

Wow, Duncan, you're magnificent! From now on, my favourite breed will be 'Dog'. But your great dignity in the way you sit (& that hint of a long curl of the tail), reminds me v. much of a Great Dane.
    Seems like you have a magnificent personality to match your fine appearance. I'm so glad you & your family got together...you love each other so much.
    Congratulations on being a handsome & sweet Dog of the Day.
    Marie

Duncan, I can't believe how much you look like Clancy (see Jan. 1, 2002 for a baby photo of her)!!! If you were from PA and only 2, I would think you were littermates! (Maybe I can post a more recent photo of her, once we get the ports fixed so I can use the scanner.)

Too bad we live so far apart, or we could have a play date!

Oh well, here's to all the beloved dogs that are on Dog of the Day. It's where I go to get a daily smile.

Clancy's Mom

Hi Duncan! I can just get a mental picture of you 'teaching' all the newbie cats and dogs
    You look like alot of fun (and obviously SWEET)
    Congrats on being our DOTD today Duncan!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!