Thread: White Boxers

White Boxers

See the 'White Boxer Chronicles' because there is new controversy as to whether White boxers have any higher incidence of deafness and other conditions then does their colored siblings. The new survey tends to say no! Apparently, the original color of Boxers was WHITE and the brindle and fawn colors were found in spots over the head, ears, and tail areas. Years of breeding reversed the coloring and white is now usually seen as 'flash.' Breeders who breed color boxers are still finding resessive genes and producing white boxers. We don't hear about them because they are never registered, sometimes put to sleep, but mostly sold or given away. They don't advertise that their 'champion' boxers produced white pups - it is not accepted in the 'show community.' However, white boxers are beautiful, and wonderful pets just like their colored siblings. Deaf dogs can be taught to respond to signs. I had a poodle that did commands to both signs and words - she wasn't deaf; someone spent a lot of time training her. Disabilities are only disabling if you let them be. web page - Brunner Boxers

I totally agree with you. Also I liked your webpage. Are those your boxers. they are great

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Originally posted by ownerof3dogs:
    <STRONG>I totally agree with you. Also I liked your webpage. Are those your boxers. they are great </STRONG>
    Thank you! Yes, they are my boxers - all of them. I even tore out all of the carpet in my Florida home because I heard it is bad for dogs - collects allergens and stuff. I know my sinuses were affected. I have a litter of 4 pups at this time and have already found homes for two of them. What do you have - shepards?

Binski, welcome to Pettalk and I love your web page. I fell in love with the puppies, they are beautiful and so is the mommie.
    The white boxers are gorgous, I love them.
    We had a boxer many years ago, he was very big and beautiful, I had never heard of a white boxer, but they are beautiful.

Hey binski! Your puppies are so adorable!!
    All boxers are cute to me!!
    ~~*-Boxers Are The Best-*~~

Hello! I'm sure deaf dogs can be just as great pets as hearing dogs, but why would you WANT to produce dogs that are more likely to become deaf?

Binski, your dogs are beautiful! I love the puppies!

And Rottie, I think Binski said that white boxers AREN'T more prone to being deaf since white was the breed's original color... right?

Originally posted by Rottie:
    <STRONG>Hello! I'm sure deaf dogs can be just as great pets as hearing dogs, but why would you WANT to produce dogs that are more likely to become deaf? </STRONG>
    You need to read the quote after yours - I don't breed dogs that are more likely to be deaf.

Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
    <STRONG>Binski, your dogs are beautiful! I love the puppies!

And Rottie, I think Binski said that white boxers AREN'T more prone to being deaf since white was the breed's original color... right?</STRONG>
    Well anybody can SAY that. Is there any proof?

My grandmother had a white boxer for years, only after a car ran over his head did he become deaf. (Yes, he managed to survive the hit and run to live about 5 or 6 more years.)

The puppies are BEAUTIFUL!!!

I need to correct my self...Nero (my grandmother's dog) never lost his hearing...he lost his vision after being hit. His hearing was perfect until the day he died!

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dixie Belle ]
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

binski,
    I just checked out your web site and
    if I may suggest you might want
    to add your dogs pedigree and what
    health checks they have had
    such as OFA etc.
    The pups are adorable and I hope to
    see an update of pictures of them.

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by KYS:
    <STRONG>binski,
    I just checked out your web site and
    if I may suggest you might want
    to add your dogs pedigree and what
    health checks they have had
    such as OFA etc.
    The pups are adorable and I hope to
    see an update of pictures of them. </STRONG>

Thanks for your suggestion; I am new at building a web page and haven't learned how to do everything to it that I want. I do send copies of my pedigrees to anyone who is contemplating taking one of my pups to be a member of their family. As well as giving out my vet's phone number to anyone who asks and all that take one of my puppies home. I also give references upon request. Thanks for your reply. I am also trying to set up a 'White Boxer' website - a work in progress.

Originally posted by binski:
    <STRONG>
    Thank you! Yes, they are my boxers - all of them. I even tore out all of the carpet in my Florida home because I heard it is bad for dogs - collects allergens and stuff. I know my sinuses were affected. I have a litter of 4 pups at this time and have already found homes for two of them. What do you have - shepards?</STRONG>
    Well sort of. Felice (the light colored one) is a Shepherd/Akita. Then the blk & Tan dog with the erect ears is Zeus. He is a Rotty Border collie, and the other dog is Hercules and he is a rotty/Border collie/aussie

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

i have a white boxer and he's deaf too..but he's just as nice and cute as any other dogs

I love boxers, but I am not so big on white ones, they just don't look right to me. My ideal boxer would be tawny colored with cropped ears.
    COCKERLOVER25