Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: cats eat the dangdest things!

My big ol' 18 pound orange monkey in a cat suit (Alex) goes nuts for lettuce, especially romaine. When I take the bag out of the refrigerator, he practically climbs up the cabinet doors to the counter to get to it. I don't dare leave my salad unguarded, he'll eat the lettuce right out of it.

He also drinks my iced tea right from my glass. Hard to get a meal eaten by myself.

Beth02 welcome to Pet Talk. I sincerely hope you enjoy the posts that are offered here.

Tiger is the one I have to watch when it comes to eating strange things. Generally, whatever I eat, she wants some too. So far I have had to take bagels, and sugar rolls (snails) from her.

....................wayne

My three cats love rice pudding. Storm also likes to chew on plastic things. Now I guess I know why. My mom's cat liked to eat bananas and cantilope.

Whenever we are eating at the table Karamel will come and try to jump to the table. Sometimes we forget to draw the chairs near the table so he will get at the table and sniff at our food!

Anyway Karamel eats squash, baked beans, chick peas, pumpkin dessert, cream, yoghurt, any kind of meat and meat products (fav is chicken liver and chicken sausage), leeks (yes, leeks), carrot, potatoes (loves them), ice cream, bread, cakes, rice, pasta, cheese, tuna(loves to lick the can clean)
    Last edited by ganime; 05-06-2002 at 03:06 AM.

Anyone tried to feed baby food to their cats? Miss Bo goes absolutely ape over any kind of meat baby food.....turkey, lamb, chicken, liver, beef, etc. All I have to do is to pop the vacuum seal on a small jar of baby food, and Bo will wake up and come running, meowing for dear life. She will insistently meow loudly and rub around my feet until I either set the jar down for her to partake or dip it out with a spoon. She prefers the spoon method of feeding, but when the jar is empty she must have at it with her paws and tongue.

My cat MooShoo is a junk food kitty. He loves soy nuts, ice cream, yogurt, pancakes, bananas, Weight Watchers breakfast bars, turkey, butternut squash, mashed potatoes, you name it, he'll eat it.

SpencertheLion,

I LOVE Bucky the Cat!!! It's my favorite comic strip. I swore if I ever got another male I was going to name it "Smackey" after Bucky's toy friend.

A word of caution on some of the baby food. Read the label and make sure it doesn't contain "onion powder" as it is very bad for cats.