Thread: Chocolate Chihuahuas

Chocolate Chihuahuas

In the UK the chocolate colour in Chihuahuas is not very popular and only occasionally seen. I am particularly drawn to this colour and have had chocolate chis since first being given one as a wedding present back in l971 - I also like blues.

I am hoping, before long, to find another chocolate in the uk BUT meanwhile, would love to hear how they are rated in the States and something about their availability. I do exhibit although not continuously.
    Juanita

When you say "chocolate" do you mean dark brown? When you say "blue" do you mean "blue-black"? Do you have a picture?
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Chocolate Chihuahuas

Thank you for replying Barbi.
    I am referring to the rich dark chocolate brown, the colour of dark drinking chocolate. Blue, nowadays at least, seems to refer to a lighter more gun metally shade of brown. However, just to confuse things I remember that, back in the l960s, a breeder in Dunoon, Scotland, Mrs. Mooney had blues which were real blues, in other words, more of a Dane blue. Over to you. J.
    Juanita

Don't know a thing about the little doggies, but a warm welcome to pet talk! I know you will love it here!
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

Blue chihuahau

hi, i am a new member. i also had 2 chihuahuas ,
    one is cream , and one is tan with black mask.
    Blue color chihuahua can be eye-catching. but the blue or gray color is the result of the pairing of two recessive genes for dilution that cause hair that would normally be black to be gray instead. for some reason, these blue/gray hair are often associated with skin problems. but not all blue chihuahuas are affected . those lighter shades of gray/blue are more likely to be affected. no cure are avalible. soo blue chihuahuas need more care than others, a healthy diet with help.

Echo

Chocolate Chihuahuas

Thanks for coming back to me. That is very interesting about the Blues. I am still trying ot find a Chocolate having recently lost mine Fingers crossed. The colour is hard to find in the UK.

I have had at least one Chihuahua in the home for the past thirty years. I know that they are noisy and wilful, but gosh they are intelligent, and so lovable. The place seems all wrong without one.J.
    Juanita