Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Terri Schiavo - so sad :(

Go to http://www.terrisfight.org/index2.html and you will see exactly what her so called husband is doing with the money, that was intended to pay for medical bills. It is at the bottom of the page but the entire page is interesting. He (Terris husband) has not even planed her funeral and is already planing his next wifes wedding. I am going to put in my will that if my husband starts dateing another woman then I am to file for divorce. I would want my parents to be my gardians they would never leave me or move on to another.
    Short ones, tall ones, skinny ones, bigger, love is the gun and we pullin' that trigger.
    So put your hand in the hand of mine
    And we'll spread this love like dandelions<:3)~
    -- Toby Mac
    Kittys: Sandy, Meemee.
    Ferret: Freddy

Originally posted by tortuga55
    Go to http://www.terrisfight.org/index2.html and you will see exactly what her so called husband is doing with the money, that was intended to pay for medical bills. It is at the bottom of the page but the entire page is interesting.
    That's not really a unbiased site to get facts from (i.e. that's a biased site)

Where bouts is it? I'm looking at the bottom and do not see it... still looking

Edit: n/m found it.

Edit again: Where is their source for that spending information? Thanks

Actually, that website is biased towards her parents because it's their website for her.

I find that http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html is completely non-biased; it favors neither Michael, nor her parents. When looking for legal, medical or timeline information on this case, that is the site I reference.

It's over. It's done. Let us not get into the after-effects/affects between us. We already have established that we have VERY differing opinions on the whole issue. I WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO CONTINUE THIS VERY SAD AND DIVISIVE SITUATION BETWEEN US. Enough please. Let's have more respect for each other.

Did I miss something? I thought that as controversial as this topic is those who have taken part in this discussion have kept it extremely benign and respectful.

Indeed we have, and I would like it to continue that way. But I do think that some of the after the fact comments have been a bit controversial, as is the whole situation. Sorry, perhaps I should have just kept quiet

Ibaker I think you can see there might be potential for this thread to enter dangerous waters, but really I think this has been a very informative and emotional thread which has been handled very maturely on the whole by all of our wonderful caring PT members, would you not agree?

Don't be afraid to speak your concerns, after all that is what it is all about here, I merely see you as being just that, a tad concerned incase the thread gets out of hand,overall it is a healthy discussion and I think it will continue to be so hopefully.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My views differ as well since I wanted very much for Terri's will to be respected - although it could never be truly known. The husband has made it very easy to dislike and disbelieve him. God only knows.

Her death came as a relief and I do not believe she was "murdered". Feeding tubes are removed every day and death is not pleasant to watch - but it is something we all will face. My feeling is that medical breakthroughs have greatly prolonged life - but sometimes border on playing God. I am an RN and have spent time in nursing homes and see many sad souls who might not be lingering if their lives had simply progressed naturally.

This thread has been very thought provoking - and we all come to the issue with our own backgrounds and reasons - let me explain mine....

I recently lost my mom. My dad was so upset and unable to make rational decisons about her care. He refused to sign the DNR until many conversations that we had. She was 83, advanced Alzheimers, suffered two strokes and had a severe infection in her hip. She had been dying for many, many months but dad had them try everything possible to keep her with him. I traveled to Texas and sat with her alone as she died. Dad could not be there.

I myself have renal failure and my wish is NOT to be kept alive or to seek life-extending measures when that time comes and so have put my desires into my Living Will.

So, when I have been watching the coverage - I can easily see how this could be ME with hubby wanting to follow my wishes and parents who cannot let go. Of course there are few other similarities, but my point is that our personal circumstances affect the way we have passionately followed the Schiavo case. I seldom followed the case while thinking of myself as the mother but when I did, it was almost too painful to think about - and this may be the reason for the tremendous difference in viewpoints, whether from our personal life circumstance and experiences, or from the eyes we view it. Am I making sense??

I don't think there is any evil or hatefulness on either side - but it has made all of us think about matters of death...

Plus, this case has political undertones and agendas that are disturbing. What exactly - will become more clear in the future.
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 04-01-2005 at 08:24 AM.

started with an eating disorder, ended with an eating disorder I don't care to say that I've been between anorexia and bulimia for 8 years, just because I live with it doesnt mean want to end my life with it, and I'm sure Terri would agree.

Originally posted by tortuga55
    I am going to put in my will that if my husband starts dateing another woman then I am to file for divorce. I would want my parents to be my gardians they would never leave me or move on to another.

At least in the US...one's will does not come into play until AFTER one has died. So, putting such language into your will that you want to divorce your husband after you have died is come what "complicating". The law here in the US makes death one of the ways a marriage ends, and it is automatic.

Also, the law in the US doesn't really support directives such as 'if my husband should marry....then I want to do this...' in wills, living wills, etc. Just some information for when you do your estate planning.

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I have told my husband the greatest compliment he could pay me, should I die before him, is to remarry quickly. That marriage was a good thing. If I should be in a long term coma or mentally gone because of dementia or the like...I would WANT him to have female companionship.

Life is for the living....and it is very short. I would not want him to be lonely. I trust he could find ways to honor my memory and still find some pleasure in life.

I must say I find this to be 100% 'proof' of a loving, committed marriage. To want your spouse, or your parent, or your child, or your pet to sit around and watch you fade away is a bit morbid for my tastes. How could you NOT want your loving partner to go on and experience happiness, life, joy, etc?

Originally posted by LKPike
    started with an eating disorder, ended with an eating disorder I don't care to say that I've been between anorexia and bulimia for 8 years, just because I live with it doesnt mean want to end my life with it, and I'm sure Terri would agree.

There is a certain irony to the situation, IMO. I wonder, I wonder...if we got ahold of people with anorexia/bulimia at the early age/stage, and did some 'in your face' imagery with what these debilitating diseases do, would we be more sucessful in treating them? We do it with beginning smokers- citing the risks of lung cancer, emphyzema (sic), mouth cancer. We do it with drinkers- liver cancer, comes to mind. We should do it with these diseases too. These diseases rob young women (primarily) of many, many things in life. I don't think we do enough to educate them on the horrific consequences of the disease.

for the record..

TS did not starve to death.

After listening to a Dr. on a talk show yesterday I realized that the media, in their effort to sensationalize the story, made it sound that TS would wither away to nothing.

The human body can live without FOOD for a long while-what is needed is WATER to keep a person alive.

She passed from dehydration-not the starvation that everyone
    has reported and commented on.

Getting caught up in the passion of the topic made me forget my basic biology/physiology lessons. I guess i can use that as an excuse-the media????

I guess the facts don't matter anymore.

morons.

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

the ny times editorial has it true on. rest in peace theresa. amen
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.