Cat owners always give blood.

Like it or not.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Our school is holding one.. I kind of want to but I can't as I've gotten 6 piercings in the past 6 months. That, and I'm terrified of needles (ironic, eh?).

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I'm terrified of needles, and I can't stand to see blood when it's coming out of a body. If I ever have to get an IV, I'm going to FREAK. Just the thought of things going where they aren't supposed to go freaks me out.

However, I watched a vet show one day, and they explained that they are always in need of animal blood. So I figured that my catahoula can donate blood, and maybe Timber, depending on if they could sedate her lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

I definatly am in the future. I used to be fearful of needles and getting shots and blood work, but its just a peice of cake now. So. might as well do it!

5. Anyone who has given blood (or tried to) knows you must... EVERY time be asked a series of questions. The reason is to protect the blood supply. These questions include....have you ever, even once, had sex with a man who had sex with another man... have you ever, even once traded sex for drugs or money...etc...

A woman who drew blood, and who I got to know rather well, told a very funny story of how embarrassed she was asking these questions when a group of nuns came to donate....

I have twice. The first time I was a junior in high school and almost passed out afterward. The second time, I was a senior, and I did pass out, with the needle in my arm. My blood pressure went way up, and my arm bent up at the elbow where the needle was in...I'm chciken now, haven't given since...

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Cat owners always give blood.

Like it or not.
    so true i'm o positive, and give as often as i can. someone gave to me when i was an infant, so i feel like i owe back
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I'm B negative and would absolutely love to help out by giving blood. Unfortunately for the Red Cross, they haven't updated their policies, so my first years in Germany keep me from donating Darn Moooooo'ing Blood
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I have, but I tend to get very anemic and the last few times I was ill for several days, so I'm not going to for awhile.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Good for you, to all of you who do!

I'd like to... although I'm terrified of needles, but I'm getting over my fear (I've had a ton of blood work done the past 6 months, so I'm getting used to needles). So perhaps in the near future I'll be able to.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

ive done it and it was the most horrible experience of my life!!! i will NEVER do it again!!! the people seemed like ameturs. they had to chase my vein almost 4 times. (which means they dug it in my arm, ripped it out and repeated that 4 times!) then once it was over they dug it up in my arm so much that the needle got stuck! so what did they do?!? the attendent grabbed the tube and with one hard jerk, ripped it out of my arm! it hurt me soo much, i was in pain and was bruised for almost a week.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Reconsider, and do donate again. The next time, drink lots of water the day before, and again that morning so your veins are small from being dehydrated. Then explain you had a terrible time last time, and ask for the most experienced nurse. Some of them can make it so it barely even hurts!

When I was in college (and very poor) I would sell my blood. They paid $25.00 back then and since that was a many years ago, $25.00 went a long way.

Now I'm on various medications so I don't think they would want the stuff.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France