Thread: I recieved the best compliment yesterday

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

I recieved the best compliment yesterday

Smudge and I were at an agility trial yesterday, which placing wise we didn't do as good as the last trial but overall performance wise was better we finished all the courses with only really one or two mistakes in each round which for Smudge and I is really good, but due to a couple of things me making a beginner error that got us eliminated from one of the rounds and Smudge having an issuse day (he varies) and not wanting to move very fast we only placed once. But I don't care about that we had fun and we're both improving, or as one of my friends who has trained with Smudge and I since starting classes has said we're becoming a better team (I think Winter has something to do with that...) anyhoo that was a compliment but that wasn't the one that wasn't the best.

The best was when a lady I was talking to friday night and who got someone to explain to me in private why I was elminated (that was really nice) said "When you and him are running together you can really see that he loves you and you love him."

So we didn't have the best runs yesterday, to me that compliment was worth tons of q's.

And that's what it's really all about - love! WHat a nice compliment!

Ain't love grand?! Doesn't it just make ya feel all warm and fuzzy all over when EVERYBODY else can see how much our fur-babies love us?

That is a nice compliment, Tracy! I don't think I could ask for a better one myself!!

I agree it's a wonderful compliment. Who could ask for more?

That's an awesome compliment!

That would have to really make your heart want to burst! For someone else to see how you two love each other, that's wonderful!!!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That was the best compliment anyone could ever give to a person who has a dog. The ultimate compliment, that someone can see the love between a dog and his guardian. All the trophies and ribbons could never mean as much as the love shown between you.
    Jackie

That IS the best complement when someone notices how much your dog loves you, and vice versa. Way to go, you two

How wonderful!

What a great compliment Crikit! And I know you two were deserving of it.

I had a similar comment given to me and Kia when we were in obedience class. The teacher had one of her assistants dogs bark "madly" at a "stranger". The teacher was looking for interaction between us and our dogs while we walked them in a circle. Kia kept looking at me constantly and did very good on her heel.

The teacher called us to a halt and started to say while pointing at other students in the class, "That dog, that dog, that dog,..." and then she points at Kia last and says, "ESPECIALLY that dog did it."

I flushed with embarresment wondering what Kia could have done when the teacher continued talking, using Kia as an example. "She kept looking at you for reassurance that the situation was okay and for a husky that is very surprising and very good. I'm proud of her."

I love my mutt.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That IS a compliment. I like to see a team like you and Smudge are like. Where the dog and handler are just having fun together.

Good luck at your next trial!
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

The most important thing is that the dog has fun. Has anyone ever noticed that at the end of the run some dogs want to be held or petted and the handler just turns away from them.
    Crikit, you and Smudge did great.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!